Big brother Tesla

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
This is a problem area. Musk takes a pretty un-nuanced approach to free speech. i.e. that anyone on X should be free to say anything they want. Where this falls down is that it doesn't take into account any limitation to prevent harm.
His thought process seems to be that people should be free to cause harm, to spread disinformation, etc. So it's fine to have a neo-nazi account, or a hammas account or a pro-ISIS account and I think his view is that what people say is not his companies problem. If a country has a law against something - say hate speech, it's down to that country to enforce it.
Yes but in this case the linked article made it clear it was a group described as ''journalist'' and ''researchers'' that actively accuse and harrass persons they think are guilty of in this case making ''neo-nazi''cartoons.
I don't think that is an good development. We have an system where the police is responsible for the law with an reason, because poeple need to be ab;le to say what they want within the framework of the law not in the framework of someone's taste, might well be that said cartoons where over that limit but it isn't on a few persons to decide that just because they call or are allowed to call themselves ''journalist'' or ''researchers''
Apart from that ''journalist'' have a certain job, when being journalist becomes an excuses to start a harassments campaign it's no longer journalism. (and no -i'm not saying ''the wire'' did that if you read the article they describe and third party reffered to as journalist and researchers.)

I agree with you that Musk's approach in indeed also an problem, because if an country tries to enforces something on X he cries about freedom of speech and such.
Musk's has had a few succeses but it becomes more and more clear that he needs someone to nanny him, just as he Romuredly wanted to rename Paypal to X earlier but one of the co-founders stopped him. Now he has free reign and we all get to witness why that might not be the best idea.

Tanis8472

Regular

As he was raised in s Africa during apartheid, I would expect there to be a form discrimination baked in.

Top Bottom