Jonathan Pie.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Salty seadog

I'm sure many of you are aware of his work, sweary Westminster correspondent created and played by Tom Walker.

View: https://youtu.be/aIh7XJVxCAY

Well he's now got a podcast out on BBC Sounds, 'Call Jonathan Pie', including all the swearing and more.
If you remember 'Down the line' a spoof phone in show on radio 4 from a few years ago, think of that on sweary steroids.

Give it a go. It's both joyous and shocking when you think it's a BBC R4 product. Not that you'll be hearing on R4 mind, just the podcast.

View: https://youtu.be/b8Bi4_ojkDo

Last edited:

mudsticks

Squire
Should be fun 👍🏼 'Down the line' was often toe curlingly good, and Jonathan pie seldom fails to hit the spot.

mudsticks

Squire
Like a lot of people the first time I heard down the line it took me a few minutes to realise it was a spoof.

Because it's very much based on reality of how some people are.??

One of the R4 Today programme presenters sounds very much like "Gary Bellamy", I'm always half waiting for an interview to descend down a similarly gammony rabbit hole .

OP
OP
Salty seadog

Salty seadog

Because it's very much based on reality of how some people are.??

One of the R4 Today programme presenters sounds very much like "Gary Bellamy", I'm always half waiting for an interview to descend down a similarly gammony rabbit hole .

I've never noticed that and I listen to it every day, now ill be listening out for it. In fact I'm listing to it now on catchup after a lie in. I'll be listening out for it now. Amel Rajan maybe.

matticus

Guru
I've never noticed that and I listen to it every day, now ill be listening out for it. In fact I'm listing to it now on catchup after a lie in. I'll be listening out for it now. Amel Rajan maybe.

[Gray Bellamy sound-alike] Yes, it's definitely him! I've been too scared to comment on the similarity, given the racial differences. Luckily NACA is such a forgiving place, I should be fine. x

Down The Line was great. "What is point?"

OP
OP
Salty seadog

Salty seadog

[Gray Bellamy sound-alike] Yes, it's definitely him! I've been too scared to comment on the similarity, given the racial differences. Luckily NACA is such a forgiving place, I should be fine. x

Nothing to be scared of, we're talking about vocal similarities not ethnic differences. Even then, no need to be scared.

mudsticks

Squire

"These days if you say you're English"

🙄

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.

;)

mudsticks

Squire
On the Today programme, you don't have to wait long.

Tbh I struggle to listen very many mornings in a row..
Or else I end up being the one getting all frothy-reactionary

"Why do you bunch of wet lettuce, so called 'journalists' allow your interviewees to get away with such paltry 'answers' on important matters ?!?!?!"

👿

OP
OP
Salty seadog

Salty seadog

On the Today programme, you don't have to wait long.

Tbh I struggle to listen very many mornings in a row..
Or else I end up being the one getting all frothy-reactionary

"Why do you bunch of wet lettuce, so called 'journalists' allow your interviewees to get away with such paltry 'answers' on important matters ?!?!?!"

👿

One big problem, and this goes to the article posted earlier about the Tories becoming a reclusive cult (if I got that right), which came out a couple of months ago, it's that they just don't put themselves up for the BBC, especially the today program. Who are they putting themselves up to for a good grilling?

Honesty, transparency, accountability.

My unwashed arse.

• Sad
Reactions: C R

mudsticks

Squire
One big problem, and this goes to the article posted earlier about the Tories becoming a reclusive cult (if I got that right), which came out a couple of months ago, it's that they just don't put themselves up for the BBC, especially the today program. Who are they putting themselves up to for a good grilling?

Honesty, transparency, accountability.

My unwashed arse.

It's because even 'they' know they're a bunch of disfunctional, conniving, spineless no hopers, with zero integrity, ideas, or intelligence.

Fundamentally incapable of justifying, or explaining their craven excuse of a 'government'.

Imho 🙄

• Sad
OP
OP
Salty seadog

Salty seadog

It's because even 'they' know they're a bunch of disfunctional, conniving, spineless no hopers, with zero integrity, ideas, or intelligence.

Fundamentally incapable of justifying, or explaining their craven excuse of a 'government'.

Imho 🙄

My point exactly. 👍

Top Bottom