Nicola Sturgeon Arrested

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Unkraut

Master of the Inane Comment
I'm genuinely curious - why are you disappointed?

Putting my nose in where it's not wanted ... democracy may be the worst system invented but better than anything anyone else has got, but it can be seriously undermined by the dishonesty and lack of integrity of its elected representatives. Opens the door to even less savoury and extremist characters who would 'clean things up' but be tyrants in the process.

Anyone across the political spectrum who is competent and effective in government is usually something the public welcomes. Those who think outside of the box, who say what they really think rather than parrot the accepted script. You know where you are with them. Pain in the neck to the establishment. Such characters are often popular amongst those who otherwise would not support the party they belong to. Hence the disappointment when they let the side down and make you wonder if there is anybody left in politics who is there for the good of others and not prestige and/or financial benefits. Serving self whilst pretending to serve others.

Xipe Totec

Something nasty in the woodshed
Look at the 'unbiased and impartial' BBC and their balanced, reasonable approach to covering this incredibly important story:

View: https://twitter.com/MrJohnNicolson/status/1689046809321078784?s=20

Xipe Totec

Something nasty in the woodshed
You don't like the message, so all you can do is attack the messenger.

Usual high standard of 'debate' around here.

You are unfamiliar with the BBC's coverage of political matters in Scotland. Whether you like it or not, that is a simple statement of fact.

And why are you 'disappointed' by Nicola Sturgeon?

AndyRM

Elder Goth
Scotland's branch arm of Labour can absolutely get in the sea. The party took the support of the country for years, encouraged people to vote Tory in a woefully inept attempt to dissuade people from supporting the SNP and decided to install Jim Murphy as their leader.

multitool

Shaman
The Fuzz have clearly got enough evidence to charge him, but not her.

Beebo

Veteran
No way did Nicky not know what was going on.

Surprised if she isn't charged soon

Suspecting it and proving it are two very different things.
Especially if he’s protecting her.
But I like to think I’d know if my wife suddenly came into money without explanation.

She may have known, or suspected, something. There's a large gap from there to proving beyond reasonable doubt, that she's complicit.

Also, when commenting, we need to be aware there are active proceedings and the contempt provisions are live.

Ian H

Guru
My impression is more of a ramshackle organisation that has grown too quickly and without the systems and checks being put in place as it grew.

Reactions: C R

AndyRM

Elder Goth
My impression is more of a ramshackle organisation that has grown too quickly and without the systems and checks being put in place as it grew.

Not exactly. The party has been going since 1934 and in power since 1999. I know a lot of people think of the SNP as a single issue joke but they really aren't. When you compare the number of scandals involving politicians in England, the SNP is positively squeaky clean in comparison. I'm not denying that there are issues, and this is a major one, but they're far from new and are dealing with the situation appropriately, for me at least.

multitool

Shaman

Possibly...but that wouldn't explain how party funds have ended up in an individual's possession.

Not preempting the outcome, but it is important to remember that some people in life are dishonest.

Top Bottom