WaitWhatHuh!? Part 3

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Fdupnr9XEAA4oNo.jpeg

Xipe Totec

Something nasty in the woodshed
Several Tory gobshites currently pushing this idiotic line, it's starting to look a bit like an Official Tactic.

I heard someone describe this as being like a toddler defecating on the floor and then blaming their imaginary friend.

Lord Ashcroft - A currency trader has just told me that a driver to sell sterling was not just the mini-budget but a concern that Labour could form the next Government…

Alistair Campbell - Tory Party spin doctor just told me that they don’t know where Truss is, and they can’t find any MPs apart from Redwood and Bridgen to defend the government so they are trying to get the line running that the run on the £ is all Labour’s fault. “Bollocks but we’re desperate”

:rolleyes:

Mugshot

Über Member
The BoE is the other target.
Bridgen on Today on Monday must have said the BoE were to blame, and repeatedly said "the Bank of England", about 6 times in his first sentence.

Several Tory gobshites currently pushing this idiotic line, it's starting to look a bit like an Official Tactic.

I heard someone describe this as being like a toddler defecating on the floor and then blaming their imaginary friend.

Central tenet of populism innit, when you fcukup blame somebody else, either a punch-down scapegoat or your enemy....

Tory bloke on W@1 blaming the BOE....

Last edited:

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.
Lord Ashcroft - A currency trader has just told me that a driver to sell sterling was not just the mini-budget but a concern that Labour could form the next Government…

Alistair Campbell - Tory Party spin doctor just told me that they don’t know where Truss is, and they can’t find any MPs apart from Redwood and Bridgen to defend the government so they are trying to get the line running that the run on the £ is all Labour’s fault. “Bollocks but we’re desperate”

:rolleyes:

Alistair Campbell, yeah, we all believe every word that comes out his mouth ;)

matticus

Guru
Another article that reads like a parody....

Yes. When I first heard about this, I did genuinely think it had to be parody.

But no. This guy wrote it for a column; not just a panicked interview reply:

"Lord Hannan of Kingsclere is a Conservative peer, writer and columnist. He was a Conservative MEP from 1999 to 2020, and is now President of the Initiative for Free Trade.

what we have seen since Friday is partly a market adjustment to the increased probability that Sir Keir Starmer will win in 2024 or 2025
"

Top Bottom