Baffling headlines

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

glasgowcyclist

Über Member
They could instead have highlighted the waste of £1m per day we’re still paying for the storage of useless PPE down in Kent because the Tories gave their pals hundreds of millions of pounds for a contract they had no ability to fulfil.

mudsticks

Squire
What's even more odd is that the party that supports pulling yourself up by your own bootstraps and getting people to work for a living rather than giving benefits, can't see the financial opportunity (in terms of benefits from taxation and NI) of getting "migrants" processed rather than paying for their keep.

And it's not as if there's not a lot of things that need doing..

I'd have thought that anyone with enough get up and go to get here under such dire and difficult circumstances , must be brimful of drive, initiative, and potential.

I'm not suggesting that passing a trial by ordeal, is the best system for deciding who should be given residency in this country .

But seeing as they're here now...

What's even more odd is that the party that supports pulling yourself up by your own bootstraps and getting people to work for a living rather than giving benefits, can't see the financial opportunity (in terms of benefits from taxation and NI) of getting "migrants" processed rather than paying for their keep.
They fulfil a much more valuable role for the government and tabloids by being maintained as red meat to be thrown to the dogs when required.

Rusty Nails

Country Member
Just saw this on the BBC:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-60236406

I'm struggling to work out why this is news, and what the issue is. That's £32.43 per day per person. Pretty cheap for hotel rates.
And nowhere near the money wasted on PPE contracts and Covid loan fraud. And that's not even talking about the regular "legal" tax avoidance of big companies.

Those figures come into the multi-billions, not just millions.

I am not. sure we need immigrants to fulfil the role of demonstrating Government waste, it would appear to be a characteristic of Government.
We have a labour shortage. Support migrants, refugees and asylum seekers into decent housing. Help them to retrain with the necessary skills to fill the record number of job vacancies we have, e.g. LGV and HGV drivers. Once they are earning they can pay rent, taxes and contribute to the economy.

Problem solved.

Probably way too sensible for the brain dead moron home secretary to consider.

PS BoldonLad, if you wat to make a point about government waste try finding a link to a news item that isn't from 2013.

Last edited:

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.
We have a labour shortage. Support migrants, refugees and asylum seekers into decent housing. Help them to retrain with the necessary skills to fill the record number of job vacancies we have, e.g. LGV and HGV drivers. Once they are earning they can pay rent, taxes and contribute to the economy.

Problem solved.

Probably way too sensible for the brain dead moron home secretary to consider.

PS BoldonLad, if you wat to make a point about government waste try finding a link to a news item that isn't from 2013.

Yes, I am sure Private Eye is going to be a thorough bore come a change of Goverment.

Top Bottom