Bypassing Paywalls

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
AndyRM

AndyRM

Elder Goth
Why am I not surprised ;)

The options are there for everyone. Do with the link whatever you feel comfortable with, it really doesn't matter to me.

Nor will it matter to anyone selling their journalism which is behind a paywall.

The journalists will be paid the same, and those who own whichever outlet will still make their money.

Last edited:
I think it's right we should pay for good quality journalism, but I'm not going to take out a subscription to a newspaper with political values antithetical to my own, purely for the pointless purpose of debunking the spurious assertions of some cyclist or other on a minor corner of the internet.

That's exactly my position.

I'm a supporter of The Guardian but however much I might be tempted by the come on messages and £1/month offers on Times Radio I'm not paying Murdoch a penny.

Same for the Barclays.

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.
The options are there for everyone. Do with the link whatever you feel comfortable with, it really doesn't matter to me.

Nor will it matter to anyone selling their journalism which is behind a paywall.

The journalists will be paid the same, and those who own whichever outlet will still make their money.

If you say so.

OP
OP
AndyRM

AndyRM

Elder Goth
Since I'm on a journalism kick, I'd like to recommend the writings of Hunter S. Thompson.

His style is magnificent, and he'd have been appalled by paywalls. Amongst many other things.

Top Bottom