Chinese Suppression of Protest in Britain

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
spen666

spen666

Sorry, I didn't explain my point clearly. I thought that the local police had greater powers to enter a consulate than to enter an embassy. I'm wrong. Apparently they can only enter either type of property if they are invited in.

Actually they CAN enter whether invited or not.

They in practice only enter when invited, to uphold the respect for their properties abroad.

Legally they can enter with or without permission
I have done quite a lot of work on this point

OP
OP
spen666

spen666

A bit like Dracula then.

Has he got Diplomatic Immunity?

Quite simply put you are wrong in law.
Anyone with a diplomatic passport has immunity from prosecution, unless their country waive the immunity.
Julian Assange never ever had immunity, so I have no idea what you are on about. Nobody has ever suggested he did have immunity apart from you .

I stand corrected, i said/wrote it wrong with assange i intended to say he got asylum at the embassy like @Bazzer below explains
Assange was given asylum in the Ecuadorian embassy. It had nothing to do with his status as a diplomat or immunity.

Under international rules, in general, an embassy is not sovereign territory of the country's representatives occupying the premises. However, it is afforded special rules, such as not having to comply with most local laws. Also, authorities of the host country cannot enter the embassy without permission, and an attack on an embassy is considered as an attack on the country occupying the embassy.

Which is why the murderer of PC Yvonne Fletcher couldn't be arrested in the Libyan Embassy, despite being shot from the Embassy.
Thank you that's what i meant bit didn't wrote.

theclaud

Reading around the chip
that's what i meant bit didn't wrote

9745173.jpg

theclaud

Reading around the chip
I very rarely agree with the poster in question, but I would be reluctant to criticise their delivery. As a non native speaker, I can tell you that it can be very hard to get meaning across as intended in a different language.

Fair point. Your reading of this particular poster and the source of his errors is clearly more generous than mine.

stephec

Regular

Drago's old avatar? 😲

You'll get people gossiping. 😂

Top Bottom