Does anybody here take the Greens seriously?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
This, from someone some way to the left of my views (I think he wasn't hostile to Corbyn's general flavour of left-wingism), but whose views I respect (he's a professor of politics, so has a professional interest in being engaged in thoughtful argument) and to challenge my own:

Except, there's no indication of what he's actually referring to. Just an insinuation that it exists. Was there a context to the quote?
 
  • Like
Reactions: C R

briantrumpet

Timewaster
I'd think Ms Taylor could afford herself a wry smile. This was published in July 2025.

1791116354158.png
 

Psamathe

Squire
I'd think Ms Taylor could afford herself a wry smile. This was published in July 2025.

View attachment 17573
When I joined the Green Party back in 2012 I applied and a local rep came round to my house to interview me asking about my views on different subjects, etc. The meeting took a couple of hours. Only after that was I allowed to join.

I eft some years ago only as other aspects of my life demanded more attention.
 

briantrumpet

Timewaster
Back to Dunt. I suppose you have to hand it to the people that got themselves organised firstly for Corbyn, in Labour, and then Your Party, and now within the Greens, is that they've worked how how to do this successfully, like cuckoos do with their eggs. Just that Your Party self-combusted before it got going.

1791127865161.png
 

AuroraSaab

Epic Member
I doubt there's a synagogue in the country that would describe itself as anti-zionist. Lots of opportunities here to expel members who won't toe the line. Why didn't Polanski vote on it?

Screenshot_20261004_181917_DuckDuckGo.jpg
 
I doubt there's a synagogue in the country that would describe itself as anti-zionist.
Me too. What's your point?
 

AuroraSaab

Epic Member
They voted down the ammendment that would have meant members who attend a 'zionist' synagogue couldn't be disciplined for doing so. So in effect it's likely that any practising Jew in the Green Party is open to disciplinary action or expulsion for attending their place of worship. Who's deciding which synagogues are sufficiently un-zionisty?
 

Ian H

Pharaoh
In any case I suspect the Green parliamentary party - such as it is - will do what Labour has done in the past and ignore unwelcome conference votes.
 
Last edited:

monkers

Pharaoh
The lawyer in me wants to change the assertion of ''Zionism is racism'' to at least ''Zionism can be racism''. The horrified person in me want to change it to ''Zionism too often fuels racism''.

The assumption is that the motion offends the Jewish community. I prefer to hear voices from both sides and look for an accommodation.

I remain a member of GPEW. I'll consider remaining when the subscription becomes due. I haven't been at conference or voted. I did listen to this GPEW member with interest, and was touched by his words. I suggest others listen to him too.


View: https://www.youtube.com/shorts/6PWyu-VYoL4
 
Top Bottom