Everyday sexism….

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AndyRM

Elder Goth
I'm amazed she managed to type that with a straight face to be honest. Comedy is hugely diverse, and you don't even have to go beyond the mainstream for it.

Chromatic

d0b6294ccb67cdb13a04c251529162bf.jpg

https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-...nel-shows-comedy-gender-balance-b2555845.html
'and in the edit are often seen just laughing at the boys and not saying anything at all'.The shows are competitive thus also a dilemma.

I think their part demise is the rise of no go subject areas, humour often being defined left wing.

I think that's true but the comedy quiz format is also just really tired now, as is the comedians go on mini breaks together thing. Mock the Week ran its course years ago and I haven't bothered with HIGNFY in ages. Having a hundred channels to choose from also means an innovative show is quickly replicated and the format becomes jaded eg Taskmaster and it's knock offs.

matticus

Guru
I stopped watching Mock the Week after the first few years.
Then I watched the last series - either by accident, or maybe cos I heard this was the end - and it was bloody brilliant. There may be funnier panellists around, but they had THE best chemistry and loving banter - guys and gurrls - I can remember on a panel show. Mostly "b-list" comedians too, in the grander scheme.

Who knew that Dara's Bald Head was an endless source of amusement??

Now I happily watch the reruns (on Dave etc)

So what I guess I'm saying is; the wrong panel show got canned. And yes, there is plenty of dross out there!

Top Bottom