Fundraising for Paralympian cyclists

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

glasgowcyclist

Über Member
Posted on behalf of Mazz, who doesn’t yet have an account for NCAP.
I’ve already donated and hope others can do so too.

He posted this on the main forum but it was deleted by a mod who told him it had to go here.
GC

Hi All,
On 20th July, I am joining hundreds of other riders taking part in the Big Ride for Palestine 2024 (as well as other events across the country, this will be a 35-mile loop around Sheffield), to fundraise for the inspirational Gaza Sunbirds.

The Sunbirds were founded in 2019, after original Sunbird Alaa Al-Dali was shot in the knee by an Israeli sniper and left with an amputation. The Sunbirds team now comprises 20 para-athletes, who have been training with the hope of representing Palestine on a wildcard entry in the 2024 Paralympics in Paris.

Please take a look at my donation page here:
https://www.justgiving.com/page/maz-gaza-sunbirds

I thank you for any donation you can make - no matter how small - it all adds up.

Cheers,
Maz

theclaud

Reading around the chip
He posted this on the main forum but it was deleted by a mod who told him it had to go here.
GC

Charity rides now can't be mentioned on a cycling forum? FFS.

theclaud

Reading around the chip

Ian H

Legendary Member
If he didn't, a responsible mod would simply have moved it there.

I've signed up for the Bristol edition on 3rd Aug. Not 100% sure I can actually make it but if not can just write off the entry fee as a Sunbirds donation. Won't bother posting a thread over the road, obvs!

I can't see any mention of Bristol.

Ian H

Legendary Member
My NCAP account's been set up now....and Yes, that's where I posted it originally.

Well that's just bloody evil. Some moderator should be really ashamed.

Mazz

For info, here's the full PM between me and the Moderator (2 screenshots in total).

Capture1of2.PNG

Capture2of2.PNG

AndyRM

Elder Goth
Certainly hope so! It still baffles me that it was moved here in the first place. Very, very poor moderation.

Especially when pish like this is allowed to remain...

Attachments

• IMG-20240718-WA0000.jpg
    IMG-20240718-WA0000.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 15
Top Bottom