Gordon Brown

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mr Celine

Legally @cookiemonster is a UK citizen.

Legally @cookiemonster is ordinarily resident in Hong Kong.

Factually @cookiemonster is currently living rent free inside Jowly's head.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Who care's, Sue Me
Legally @cookiemonster is a Non- Resident UK citizen.

Legally @cookiemonster is ordinarily resident in Hong Kong.

Factually @cookiemonster is currently living in honk kong and paying UK tax on properties in the UK.

The UK and Hong Kong Tax Treaty ensure that Hong Kongers do not pay tax twice on the same income. A Double Tax Agreement (DTA) over-rides the domestic law in both the UK and Hong Kong. Therefore wouldnt pay tax on income, but would pay tax on property in the UK

FTFY

Last edited:

jowwy

It's not going to move forward until you stop trolling. Why do you think I started a second one in the hope we might get a proper discussion?

no trolling here....just want things right, your not a UK resident, so stop using WE. Your governed by Honk Kong, not by the UK

jowwy

I f*cking give up!

Life's too short for this sh*t!

your the one of the ones that keep asking for the things to be factually correct in other threads, so lets get them factually correct in this one......

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.
We have, at least, one politician with a moral compass and he's the only senior politician speaking out publicly about the current financial mess the UK's in. I'm surprised that no-one has started a thread about this.

He carried out a study which has noted that by October, 50% of children (7 million kids) will be living in households that have to do without material necessities. By January, 39 million people could be fuel poor, those that spend more than 10% of their income on energy bills. In his home area of Fife, he's seeing levels of poverty that haven't been witnessed since the 30s. Youngsters going to school on empty stomachs and/or unsuitable shoes and nurses queueing at food banks.

However, this is the zinger for me. Warmbanks. This is something I heard about last week, the Mayor of Bristol and Aberdeen Council are planning these. Other areas of the UK are planning the same. Places for people to go if their homes get too cold. That is just astonishing! In fact, simply horrifying!

GB says, correctly, that the line of defence should be the welfare state. After all, that's what it was set up for, not food banks or warmbanks. In Fife, there are not just warmbanks and foodbanks, but a bedding bank, a clothes bank, a baby bank, a hygiene bank and a toiletries bank. I'm sure that'll be repeated in other areas of the UK. This is what's supposed to be the 5th richest nation on earth. Although, I think we may've dropped down that ranking now.

Before anyone starts screaming about Iraq or selling the gold, which is a usual whataboutery, just ask yourself one question. Was your day to day life better under Prime Minister Gordon Brown or now?

All this is going on while Sunak and Truss talk about the cost of ear rings and cutlery, and BJ is taking a holiday, presumably paid by someone who'll get a peerage, from cosplaying various roles. GB hasn't been PM for 12 years and he has better, and more workable ideas, than his party leader (who is also posted missing) and the people who are actually supposed to be in charge.

The world is looking on at this with utter astonishment.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/polit...r.com&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=sharebar

The answer to your “one question”, for me, personally, is “No “. Prudent Gordon was a disaster.

Top Bottom