Have you ever stood as a candidate in your local elections?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mjr

What is a cooperative area councillor?
Some large retail and multistakeholder cooperatives elect members to company councils that oversee, inform and, at the top level, direct the business, more day-to-day than the general meetings of members, but less detailed than the executive staff that the top level appoints. Sometimes there are several levels, such as area, region and national, so an area councillor is a member elected to one of the lowest, most-local councils.

spen666

Some large retail and multistakeholder cooperatives elect members to company councils that oversee, inform and, at the top level, direct the business, more day-to-day than the general meetings of members, but less detailed than the executive staff that the top level appoints. Sometimes there are several levels, such as area, region and national, so an area councillor is a member elected to one of the lowest, most-local councils.
Thanks - hadn't heard that term before

Cirrus

Power and greed, even those who have a semblance of good intentions soon learn to love suckling from the state’s teat…

Career politicians are the worst of the lot, no real life experience, straight into politics they make lifelong benefits claimants (the minority that have no interest) seem like positive contributors.

winjim

Welcome yourself into the new modern crisis
I have a friend who's a Labour councillor and one, the co-owner of my LBS, who's a Green councillor. I can promise you that neither are motivated by power or greed.

Rusty Nails

Country Member
With respect, unless you are telepathic, no one really knows what another’s thoughts or motives are.

How are you able to damn all politicians for being power hungry and greedy then? Are you telepathic so you can know their thoughts and motives?

There are a lot of politicians around, at local and national level.

Cirrus

How are you able to damn all politicians for being power hungry and greedy then? Are you telepathic so you can know their thoughts and motives?

There are a lot of politicians around, at local and national level.

Merely my opinion, others are available

Cirrus

A bit like Winjim's then.

No, his was a promise

Top Bottom