How do you define art?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ian H

Guru
Artist at work.

D

Deleted member 49

What isn't ?

Xipe Totec

Something nasty in the woodshed
For me the broadest definition of art is simply an act of creative expression. So street art is proper art, just the same as pictures in a posh gallery.

In fact possibly more so, as many of those pictures in the posh gallery will have been created as products to sell & don't exist for any other reason. Whether or not that stops something being art is probably another discussion!

winjim

Welcome yourself into the new modern crisis
What is it trying to tell you? What is it telling you?

Xipe Totec

Something nasty in the woodshed
What is it trying to tell you? What is it telling you?
That the Tories are SCUM!*

*Predictable, obvious & almost certainly futile attempt to energise a potentially interesting discussion which isn't really getting off the ground...

winjim

Welcome yourself into the new modern crisis
That the Tories are SCUM!*

*Predictable, obvious & almost certainly futile attempt to energise a potentially interesting discussion which isn't really getting off the ground...
Well it's just clickbait intended to draw someone in to claiming that it's merely mindless vandalism and thereby provoke an argument.

There we go, I've revealed the elephant in the room, let's all have a fight.

Salty seadog

Take a stroll through Hackney Wick.

Some great street art and I believe the completely decorated pub is going to open again.

Art is in the eye of the beholder. I have a mathematical /science type brain. I can see the beauty in a Piet Mondrian or the chaos of a Jackson Pollock.

D

Deleted member 49

Take a stroll through Hackney Wick.

Some great street art and I believe the completely decorated pub is going to open again.

Art is in the eye of the beholder. I have a mathematical /science type brain. I can see the beauty in a Piet Mondrian or the chaos of a Jackson Pollock.
I like Pollock....but I love Rothko,could sit for hours and stare.I actually have !

Top Bottom