I keep having to log in

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

winjim

Welcome yourself into the new modern crisis
Normally it's a bit of a pain but not too much hassle as my phone has my login stored. Today though I was writing a fairly lengthy post which I'd put some thought into and the forum logged me out and deleted it.

I don't have this issue on the main site.

Shaun

Founder
It could be a broken login cookie - try logging out, clearing cached content for ncap.cyclechat.net (specifically) and then logging back in again and ticking the box to remember login details.

If this doesn't work and the problem persists, let me know and I'll look into the login cache database table. :thumbsup:

Also, as a side note, the post editor is set to save drafts every 60 seconds (disk icon on toolbar) so you may be able to recover part or all of your post by logging back in, going to the thread you were replying to, and clicking the reply button - which should prompt the editor to load any save drafts.

You can also manually save a draft at any time by clicking the disk icon and selecting Save draft.

OP
OP
winjim

winjim

Welcome yourself into the new modern crisis
Thanks, will try that.

Most of the post was saved but there was a particularly witty and erudite paragraph which has sadly been lost in the ether. It's a shame because it was a paragon of perspicacity which I sure would have convinced all who read it of the veracity of the argument made therein.

I couldn't be bothered retyping it though.

matticus

Guru
there was a particularly witty and erudite paragraph which has sadly been lost in the ether. It's a shame because it was a paragon of perspicacity which I sure would have convinced all who read it of the veracity of the argument made therein.

That is a tragedy. Thoughts and prayers etc ...

If it helps, I can tell you that this "short session" issue has happened - on both fora - to me several times over the years. Then magically goes away again!

Top Bottom