Majority of UK drivers surveyed have not read the January changes to the Highway Code

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

winjim

Welcome yourself into the new modern crisis
I haven't read them.

icowden

Legendary Member
From the BBC:
The article and headline are both very misleading. They should have gone with:

Highway Code: 8% of drivers are not aware of new guidance, AA survey suggests​

Over 90% of UK motorists are aware of the recent updates to the Highway Code, according to the AA, suggesting that publicity around the changes has been very successful.

Not as interesting though is it?

OP
OP
Bazzer

Bazzer

This surprises you because?

If there we no cycle related changes I doubt you would have read them, be honest.

When there has been extensive publicity about some fairly fundamental changes to the rules of the road, which affect me as a pedestrian, cyclist and/or motorist, yes.
And unless I have been unfortunate, or the sample is not representative, awareness of the guidance and its implementation are not even in the same room, let alone bed fellows.

D

Deleted member 28

When there has been extensive publicity about some fairly fundamental changes to the rules of the road, which affect me as a pedestrian, cyclist and/or motorist, yes.
And unless I have been unfortunate, or the sample is not representative, awareness of the guidance and its implementation are not even in the same room, let alone bed fellows.

Well there you have it, what can anyone say?

winjim

Welcome yourself into the new modern crisis
Winter is coming, bringing darkness with it. I hope everyone has their pedal reflectors in working order, properly approved lights and is wearing high visibility clothing, a helmet and nothing too loose fitting.

I have seen some of the new rules / guidance mentioned on the forum but if someone's read them properly could they please let me know if there are any which aren't a) blindingly obvious and essentially covered by Wheaton's law or b) fundamentally stupid. I gather there's been no change in legislation.

If you ride at night without pedal reflectors then I do of course consider your opinion to be null and void.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Who care's, Sue Me
Winter is coming, bringing darkness with it. I hope everyone has their pedal reflectors in working order, properly approved lights and is wearing high visibility clothing, a helmet and nothing too loose fitting.

I have seen some of the new rules / guidance mentioned on the forum but if someone's read them properly could they please let me know if there are any which aren't a) blindingly obvious and essentially covered by Wheaton's law or b) fundamentally stupid. I gather there's been no change in legislation.

If you ride at night without pedal reflectors then I do of course consider your opinion to be null and void.

is that law now then???

asking for a friend

Craig the cyclist

Über Member
The last highway code I bought would probably have been this one, when I took my bike test in 1983.

1662377810868.png

Poacher

Regular
Blatant (and deliberate?) misreporting by the BBC:
"Cyclists in groups should be considerate of other road users and can ride no more than two abreast"
Thanks, you bastards, for fuelling hatred against cyclists, yet again, and increasing the risk of road rage.

Top Bottom