Maureen Lipman: Cancel culture could wipe out comedy

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 28

A 'derailment' in the Wolverhampton area meant an 8hr trip from Glasgow to Devon last November, turned into an 11hr test of patience.

"How apt" I thought to myself :rolleyes:
Cool story bro.

And?

Never heard the phrase 'half Scottish, Polish, German' etc?

Is it only unacceptable when referring to non White people?
I've certainly never heard the phrase "fully Scottish, Polish or German" etc. when referring to someone's ethnicity.

It's just weird you would say your 'friend' wasn't "fully Jamaican" when you were explaining he was mixed race. How do you know his mother wasn't Jamaican too?

There can be problems when trying to explain a person's race based on national identities. It's why racists say that Black people or people of Asian heritage can't be English, even if they have English parents or a UK passport.

A little bit of thought before speaking will allow you to consider the language used and avoid archaic descriptions such as "half caste" to describe someone in one of your cool stories, bro.:okay:

D

Deleted member 28

I've certainly never heard the phrase "fully Scottish, Polish or German" etc. when referring to someone's ethnicity.

It's just weird you would say your 'friend' wasn't "fully Jamaican" when you were explaining he was mixed race. How do you know his mother wasn't Jamaican too?
Well it's not a phrase used unless the point of the tail is that I was told, but the person in question, that he was half caste rather than full Jamaican.

He told me his Mother was White and as she was born in England I would Imagine she wasn't from Jamaica.

Any more pointless questions?

Well it's not a phrase used unless the point of the tail is that I was told, but the person in question, that he was half caste rather than full Jamaican.

He told me his Mother was White and as she was born in England I would Imagine she wasn't from Jamaica.

Yes. Why do you continue to use outdated and racist terms?

Are you racist or a troll? Or both?

the snail

You do realise that not all Jamaicans are black, right?

D

Deleted member 28

Yes. Why do you continue to use outdated and racist terms?

Are you racist or a troll? Or both?
Neither, I've already told you it was a 'mixed race ' friend who informed me he was half caste?

You having difficulty grasping the point of all this or are you just too busy signalling your virtues?

Neither, I've already told you it was a 'mixed race ' friend who informed me he was half caste?

You having difficulty grasping the point of all this or are you just too busy signalling your virtues?
Did you 'friend' really refer to himself using such an old fashioned and ugly term? When did you have this conversation with him? And why do you keep using the phrase in your replies?
Why have you put the term mixed race in quotes, but the other phrase not in quotes? Is it in fact that your friend, if he does really exist, referred to himself as "mixed race", "bi-racial", "mixed heritage" or just said "I've got a white mum" and never used the phrase you said he did, but in fact you added that little detail to try and wide up the "virtual signallers?"

mudsticks

Squire
Did you 'friend' really refer to himself using such an old fashioned and ugly term? When did you have this conversation with him? And why do you keep using the phrase in your replies?
Why have you put the term mixed race in quotes, but the other phrase not in quotes? Is it in fact that your friend, if he does really exist, referred to himself as "mixed race", "bi-racial", "mixed heritage" or just said "I've got a white mum" and never used the phrase you said he did, but in fact you added that little detail to try and wide up the "virtual signallers?"

And why is no one mentioning that just because someone else may have happened to use an outdated term, about thselves.

Or even be trying to reclaim a word for their own use, it doesn't mean anyone else, not in that group gets to use it freely.??

I don't really believe people don't get this..

They either just choose to ignore the important distinction because they really don't gaf.

Or else they're deliberately trying to offend.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 28

I've got nothing to prove to people like you other than the World in which you believe you live in isn't the only one out there, the fella in question is mid 50's like me and the conversation took place a few years ago.

The phrase is the whole point of this exchange so why wouldn't I use it, because you disaprove? Dream on.

I've made my point, whether you agree, disagree or think I'm lying really doesn't matter to me it's what happened.

WTF does lulz mean?
DMCW.gif

Top Bottom