Mod derails t'other side.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

albion

Guru
There was a chat on rail ticket prices which is currently closed until the deviants remove their posts. I looked back at the posts

Seems someone dared mention Labours rail policy amongst all the posts
Mod says deviant trigger words are 'Labour", "NHS" & "Government".

Should have stuck to coffee and cake price conversation?

bobzmyunkle

There was a chat on rail ticket prices which is currently closed until the deviants remove their posts. I looked back at the posts

Seems someone dared mention Labours rail policy amongst all the posts
Mod says deviant trigger words are 'Labour", "NHS" & "Government".

Should have stuck to coffee and cake price conversation?

I think they suggested railway things would be worse under Labour.
'Privatisation' being the best way to run national infrastructure, as experience has shown us.

OP
OP
albion

albion

Guru
Whilst it is a red rag to a bull thing, the posts are old enough so that only that 'wrong side of the bed' mods are able to delete or edit them.

Funny and stupid

All uphill

I wrote a witty and informed piece for that thread, sharing my deep insights backed up with examples.

After carefully hand- crafting this erudite exposition I found the thread was closed.

What a loss to humanity. Perhaps.

I think especially with things like rail, gas water and electricity we need to move idea from the idea that privatization is the best way, it can work but in a lot of cases it was also work backwards, because if your costumers can't chose, why the hell wouldn't you screw them over in favor of giving your investors a nice little bonus. Case studies: Thames Water, British gas and probably many more.

However if you look at transport for London it's operators are also (partly)private but the prices are set by TFL resulting in affordable prices. especially if you compare it to comparable prices for the same distance but not within TFL catchment area, the difference is shocking. So the quick fix would be very simple, create an ''Transport for United Kingdom'' and start setting limits that make public transportation affordable, and if transport companies then complain that they can't run it, that the price of lucrative leasing contracts.. makes a other operator taking over if they go bankrupt also easier they own nothing anyway.
So a win win except if your the one pocketing the million £ bonusses

AndyRM

Elder Goth
I did think it was possibly a little heavy handed, but understandable. Although I do wonder why folk on the mothership quite regularly make political/potentially inflammatory posts and points when they know The Rulez.

Still, it's all, mostly, a giggle.

OP
OP
albion

albion

Guru
Most reasons are political, or have we lost all reason?

A main reason there was Welsh sky high train prices. Again that is politics.

Bazzer

I'd seen the thread and as I read contributions, wondered how quickly it would derail and attract the mods attention.

AndyRM

Elder Goth
I wonder how long the Antipodean equivalent thread will last...

https://www.cyclechat.net/threads/come-and-live-in-victoria-australia.297441/

Top Bottom