NACA Political Jokes Page

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mudsticks

Squire
I know this is Christmas, but Jesus H Christ, can't we keep this one thread free of bickering and point-scoring and stick to political jokes......funny or not? :cry:

But everything is political..

Surely you've worked that one out by now..

Anyway, never forget, this time of year..

It's all about the baby

cheesus

farfromtheland

Regular AND Goofy
Cheap lousy trad xmas carols Private Eye Royston.jpg

farfromtheland

Regular AND Goofy
from - Thomas Carlyle - Past and Present

'The Community with all its voices commanded them, saying, "Make shirts;"—and there the shirts are! Too many shirts? Well, that is a novelty, in this intemperate Earth, with its nine-hundred millions of bare backs! But the Community commanded you, saying, "See that the shirts are well apportioned, that our Human Laws be emblem of God's Laws;"—and where is the apportionment? Two million shirtless or ill-shirted workers sit enchanted in Workhouse Bastilles, five million more (according to some) in Ugolino Hunger-cellars; and for remedy, you say,—what say you?—"Raise our rents!" I have not in my time heard any stranger speech, not even on the Shores of the Dead Sea. You continue addressing those poor shirt-spinners and over-producers in really a too triumphant manner!

"Will you bandy accusations, will you accuse us of over-production? We take the Heavens and the Earth to witness that we have produced nothing at all.'
https://www.gutenberg.org/files/26159/26159-h/26159-h.htm#Page_213

FishFright

I thought of fixing this for you @newfhouse

- thusly.

Then, I realised, I'd just be letting myself down ...
:blush:

View attachment 438

I find it odd that not everyone has an internal dialogue

farfromtheland

Regular AND Goofy
' Democratic societies which are not free can be wealthy, refined, decorative, they can even be magnificent, powerful by the the weight of their homogeneous mass; in them will be found private virtues, good fathers, honest merchants, and estimable owners of property; in them will be seen good Christians—for the fatherland of the Christian is not of this world, and the glory of their religion is to produce them in the midst of the greatest corruption of manners and under the worst governments. The Roman empire during in its extreme decadence was full of them. But what will never be found, I dare to say it, in such societies is a great citizen, and especially a great nation, and I do not shrink from asserting that the common level of heart and mind will always be low where equality and despotism are joined together.'

Alexis de Tocquville - L'Ancien Regime, trans. M. W. Patterson

matticus

Guru
Saw this and thought of you lot. Merry Christmas, NACAs x

If you go to the dog shelter to get a new dog, everyone thinks you're a hero. But go to the woman's shelter for a new girl and everyone loses their minds.

Xipe Totec

Something nasty in the woodshed
' Democratic societies which are not free can be wealthy, refined, decorative, they can even be magnificent, powerful by the the weight of their homogeneous mass; in them will be found private virtues, good fathers, honest merchants, and estimable owners of property; in them will be seen good Christians—for the fatherland of the Christian is not of this world, and the glory of their religion is to produce them in the midst of the greatest corruption of manners and under the worst governments. The Roman empire during in its extreme decadence was full of them. But what will never be found, I dare to say it, in such societies is a great citizen, and especially a great nation, and I do not shrink from asserting that the common level of heart and mind will always be low where equality and despotism are joined together.'

Alexis de Tocquville - L'Ancien Regime, trans. M. W. Patterson
from - Thomas Carlyle - Past and Present

'The Community with all its voices commanded them, saying, "Make shirts;"—and there the shirts are! Too many shirts? Well, that is a novelty, in this intemperate Earth, with its nine-hundred millions of bare backs! But the Community commanded you, saying, "See that the shirts are well apportioned, that our Human Laws be emblem of God's Laws;"—and where is the apportionment? Two million shirtless or ill-shirted workers sit enchanted in Workhouse Bastilles, five million more (according to some) in Ugolino Hunger-cellars; and for remedy, you say,—what say you?—"Raise our rents!" I have not in my time heard any stranger speech, not even on the Shores of the Dead Sea. You continue addressing those poor shirt-spinners and over-producers in really a too triumphant manner!

"Will you bandy accusations, will you accuse us of over-production? We take the Heavens and the Earth to witness that we have produced nothing at all.'
https://www.gutenberg.org/files/26159/26159-h/26159-h.htm#Page_213

Yeah, but that Jeremy Corbyn, right? Right???

Top Bottom