No Pub Crawls & No Happy Hour?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

theclaud

Reading around the chip
Anyone been in a pub when these 'real ale ' cu*ts turn up, fat, bald, elbow patch wearing w*nkers asking for a taste of every drink on tap?

Eventually when the sad bast*rds decide which half of 'golden shower ' they want they produce their flip out purse and count the pennies which mom has given them and ask for a CAMRA price?

F**k off!

LOL have you ever met any real-life people? Because you appear to live in a world populated wholly by caricatures.

theclaud

Reading around the chip
Not sure how not using these two seemingly inoccuous phrases does that. If anything it undermines efforts to change culture as now people are mocking CAMRA & "woke" culture & ignoring the inappropriate behaviour

See Ian's post at #3. :okay:

slowmotion

I don't know if it's the festive cans of San Miguel, but I'm overcome by a wave of nostalgia.....

1671837257430.png

D

Deleted member 28

LOL have you ever met any real-life people? Because you appear to live in a world populated wholly by caricatures.

You clearly haven't met many if you don't think they exist, get in the Hogs Head in Wolverhampton.

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.
Anyone been in a pub when these 'real ale ' cu*ts turn up, fat, bald, elbow patch wearing w*nkers asking for a taste of every drink on tap?

Eventually when the sad bast*rds decide which half of 'golden shower ' they want they produce their flip out purse and count the pennies which mom has given them and ask for a CAMRA price?

F**k off!

Are, so you have seen me out with my pals? ;)

slowmotion

{...through gritted teeth...}
A very Happy Christmas to you all.

matticus

Guru
The fact that real ale is available in most pubs is due precisely to the work of CAMRA, arguably the most successful consumer organisation in the world. There are obvious questions and challenges for CAMRA in the wake of Covid and the growth of craft keg beers, but there remains an obvious need for an organisation representing the interests of drinkers who want good-quality/independent beer instead of mass-produced pish. Shipyard Pale is the new Watney's Red Barrel. Like you I don't think 'lad culture' accurately captures the issues with CAMRA's image and membership profile - but that's because this is largely a non-story intended to prod the anti-wokeists and culture warriors, and most of it is bollocks. However pub culture and drinking culture remains heavily gendered across all age groups and, and some pubs can still be deeply hostile places for black people, women and LGBT folk. An organisation of CAMRA's size has to address all of this.

:bravo:Well said!

However, I did think this was funny:

Wobblers

F**k off!

You know, despite the Banks's Mild in your avatar, I get the feeling you're more of a bitter man. I can heartily recommend a pint of Bitter and Twisted. I'm sure they'd let you have a taster if you're not sure...

D

Deleted member 28

You know, despite the Banks's Mild in your avatar, I get the feeling you're more of a bitter man. I can heartily recommend a pint of Bitter and Twisted. I'm sure they'd let you have a taster if you're not sure...

Humour passed you by this year or are you one of them?

Top Bottom