Ooofff!!!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pale Rider

Veteran
Blimey, I didn't realise dear old Ken was still on the go.

He must have made some of the most worthy - and boring - films in British cinema.

I couldn't be bothered to click on the video, but presumably it's part of a long running spat with the Labour Party.

A falling out of two people, neither of whom matter very much.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2021/aug/14/director-ken-loach-expelled-labour-party

Pale Rider

Veteran
And yet word is he declined the film rights to your turgid PC/PCC thread on the grounds that no-one would be interested.

I'll have you know my turgid PC/PCC thread received 267 views and 22 replies, not bad in the context of this relatively quiet forum.

Although I accept if anyone could make a dull film about it, it's Ken.

mudsticks

Squire
And yet word is he declined the film rights to your turgid PC/PCC thread on the grounds that no-one would be interested.

It's a bit of a shame,

Cos he could have really made it sparkle with one of those set piece car chases he did so well...

D

Deleted member 49

A bit of publicity... does he (Ken Loach) have a book about to be published, or a film about to be released?
Do you think he needs publicity ? Where as Starmer 🙄 Where's all his fanboys gone....

OP
OP
cookiemonster

cookiemonster

Über Member
Blimey, I didn't realise dear old Ken was still on the go.

He must have made some of the most worthy - and boring - films in British cinema.

I couldn't be bothered to click on the video, but presumably it's part of a long running spat with the Labour Party.

A falling out of two people, neither of whom matter very much.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2021/aug/14/director-ken-loach-expelled-labour-party

Why are you commenting on something you cannot be bothered to watch? :scratch:

Pale Rider

Veteran
Why are you commenting on something you cannot be bothered to watch? :scratch:

I took a risk it was about the long running spat between Loach and Starmer - was I wrong about that?

Heck, I even provided a nice cuddly Guardian link for some background.

About the only thing of note in the whole dreary business is the labour non-entity who called for Priti Patel to be deported.

At least that raised a smile.

Milkfloat

Now hold on, a recent McDonalds thread was chock full of people telling us they had never eaten there and never would. The Strictly thread is full of people saying they never watch Strictly!
You don't really believe them do you? I assumed that they had all at least dipped a toe in, either for a cheeky Big Mac or a glimpse of Bruno. I always suspect that it is a guilty pleasure for some and they feign an ignorance despite being neck deep in Craig R-H's 'Daaaaarrrrrrling's'.

Top Bottom