Prison or not?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AuroraSaab

Legendary Member
We could start by doing the cheaper stuff like Sure Start again. I don't know what a month in rehab costs (for non violent petty offenders obvs) but it's probably cheaper than prison. I'd have rather have seen the HS2 money put in to social work and early intervention personally. A very small number of individuals (and families) take up a disproportionately huge amount of time and money in terms of police, schools, and social services resources.

albion

Guru
Obviously yes. The more corrupt the police become the more randomly difficult life becomes.

Beebo

Veteran
I’ll let you into a secret.
This sort of thing used to happen all the time back in the day when someone close to me was a detective.
They would give me C90 cassettes of police interviews which I used to tape the top 40.
I also saw loads of autopsy photos in a briefcase which they’d bring home.
They even brought cash and guns back to the house if the office was closed.
Things were so much easier before social media and data protection!

I suspect that the man himself will not be greatly reformed by a spell as guest of the King but, as already noted, 'pour encourager les autres' is a big factor.

It's also possible that he might, like Jeffrey Archer, put something back into the system by being a model prisoner and adding some value as a skills coach etc.

Last edited:

AndyRM

Elder Goth
We could start by doing the cheaper stuff like Sure Start again. I don't know what a month in rehab costs (for non violent petty offenders obvs) but it's probably cheaper than prison. I'd have rather have seen the HS2 money put in to social work and early intervention personally. A very small number of individuals (and families) take up a disproportionately huge amount of time and money in terms of police, schools, and social services resources.

Prison is around £4k per month per prisoner I believe. Double that for rehab, depending on where you go.

Off with his goolies....

Top Bottom