Privileges Committee 22nd March.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ebikeerwidnes

View: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-politics-65064708

Not one member of the Question Time Audience thinks Johnson was telling the truth.
That’s staggering, given the type of people who apply to be in the audience.

Before the 'vote' she did make it clear that the majority of people in the audience would have voted for the Conservatives at the last election
and it was help in a red wall seat so most of the audience were from that area

and the vote was no-one to everyone

Reactions: C R

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.
This is so right in my opinion

The haters will continue to hate

The supporters will continue to support

The vast majority of the country probably don't get excited about the issue now.

Not statistically "the vast majority", but, I asked my drinking pals if they had been following this. I got five "who gives a f**k, and, a "who is Boris?", the later from the young lady behind the bar.

OP
OP
Beebo

Beebo

Veteran

It’s well known that local parties mobilise their supporters when ever QT is in their region.
So the audience will always be very politically active, with a proportionate split of political views.
So there would have been plenty of Johnson supporters in the audience.

BoldonLad

It’s well known that local parties mobilise their supporters when ever QT is in their region.
So the audience will always be very politically active, with a proportionate split of political views.
So there would have been plenty of Johnson supporters in the audience.

Well, from your post which caused my question, it would appear not, or, at the very least, there is not a correlation between believing Johnson and supporting Johnson. ;)

OP
OP
Beebo

Beebo

Veteran
Well, from your post which caused my question, it would appear not, or, at the very least, there is not a correlation between believing Johnson and supporting Johnson. ;)

Which suggests he is no longer the electoral asset that his sycophantic supporters still claim.

In fact he appears to have totally blown an 80 seat majority through his complete failure to tell the truth or provide leadership.

stowie

Bizarrely, I think this might be true. I think there are Boris supporting voters who know he is a liar but support him anyway.

It is similar with Trump.

How many people voted Tory in 2019 because of Boris but don't support him now would be an interesting question. I expect a core of voting support who don't care he is an inveterate liar, or don't think it matters, or thinks "they are all the same". After all, the evidence that Johnson lied whenever expedient was pretty self-evident even before the 2019 election.

BoldonLad

Bizarrely, I think this might be true. I think there are Boris supporting voters who know he is a liar but support him anyway.

It is similar with Trump.

How many people voted Tory in 2019 because of Boris but don't support him now would be an interesting question. I expect a core of voting support who don't care he is an inveterate liar, or don't think it matters, or thinks "they are all the same". After all, the evidence that Johnson lied whenever expedient was pretty self-evident even before the 2019 election.

I think an equally interesting question/number would be "how many people voted Tory in 2019, not because they were voting FOR the Tories, but, because they were voting AGAINST the alternative"?

I didn't by the way (vote Tory that is).

ebikeerwidnes

One of the important things was when someone - either on here or another political programme yesterday - commented that he didn;t vote for Johnson
He voted AGAINST Corbyn

and that might be the deciding factor in the Red Wall seats
How many people will no longer vote Tory because they no longer fear the possibility of Corbyn becoming PM
Hence they will either
a) now vote Labour
b) vote Another
c) just not vote at all

all of which are a loss to the Tories - but some are worse than others

and I have not seen a poll that takes this into account but I bet the polling companies are trying to work it all out

Top Bottom