Privileges Committee 22nd March.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ebikeerwidnes

A couple of points I was thinking of while it was on

a) - leaving do - Although I am retired I have met up witha few people that still work at that school
It is a Primary school - so quite small - only about 30 staff in all
One of the teacher has been a teacher all her life - left school - went to university - qualified as a teacher - went back to school
She had been at that school for about 20 years
Whenever someone left - even me and I was only there for about 2 /12 years - there was normally a "do" in teh staff room once all the kids were off site and the rooms were all sorted out
Normally there would be some snacks and drink - nothing much
Then a speech from the Head saying thanks and saying how wonderful the leaver was and stuff like that
thena few drink in the pub
But not this lady - it was still lockdownishso all she got was tidying her room up and walking down the main corridor saying by to all the teachers - who could only wave back from their desk - no hugs, no handshakes just "bye"
after 20 years or so

but Johnson had to attend a leving do of someone 'for work purposes' - b****x

b) event in the garden
village near here there is a small estate - counsel type houses a bit off the main road area but nice
hence small front gardens
a few of them had put a garden table in teh MIDDLE of the fron garden - hence deliberately a few meters from the fence - therefore each table was several meters apart
In nice weather they would get some drinks for their house only - and sit at their tables for a short time in the evening

Police turned up and told them they were breaking Covid restrictions and they had to take their tables back to the rear garden and stop having these small meeting - all several meters apart

This sort of thing was appearing in the newspapers all the time - even a picnic in a park in the middle of a large grassed space was interpreted as risking prosecution

and yet Johnson though the 'work event' in the garden was just fine

He only had to read the papers to know what people were getting told to stop doing - and yet he was allowing far worse in areas that he HAD to be walking past all day

Still - he was working very hard
unlike teachers who had to redesign all their lessons and resources on the fly and NHS staff that had to deal with all measure of complications (although we did clap for them every Thursday - which my wife's son said he was very grateful for - sarcastic git!!) - and loads of other people
so that's all right then
(presuming he knows what hard work is???)

stowie

glasgowcyclist

Über Member
He's probably going to say that the problem is he didn't really know what the rules were because when he was laying them down in Parliament he wasn't listening

He can’t have been listening all those times when he went on telly to the nation to explain the restrictions either.

D

Deleted member 121

He didn't swear oath on the bible. He was merely testing his hand-eye coordination.

ebikeerwidnes

He wouldn't dare surely.

Is it actually lying if you genuinely believe that you are telling the truth??

and by believe - I mean 'have convinced yourself'
and by 'telling the truth' I mean telling people that you were not breaking the rules because you were entitled to ignore the rules and/or too important to obey them and /or when you wrote the rules you thought it was clear that they didn;t apply to you

then it is all OK

Hope this helps

Salty seadog

and by 'telling the truth' I mean telling people that you were not breaking the rules because you were entitled to ignore the rules and/or too important to obey them and /or when you wrote the rules you thought it was clear that they didn;t apply to you

then it is all OK

Hope this helps

I'm fully aware, so is Bojo

winjim

Welcome yourself into the new modern crisis

then it is all OK

Hope this helps

I think it's more fundamental than that even. In order to believe you're telling the truth you first need to understand what truth is. I don't see Johnson as even comprehending the very concepts of truth and honesty.

He understands the concept of truth the way a sea cucumber understands quantum mechanics.

OP
OP
Beebo

Beebo

Veteran
I’m note sure the committee have enough evidence to go for the nuclear option of a long suspension.
The defence of “I didn’t know and nobody told me” seems very weak but there is no smoking gun.
It’s clear that he had no concept of what others were doing in order to comply and failed to ask questions of anyone who could give him a sensible answer.
I doubt the hearing has changed many minds.

Reactions: C R
OP
OP
Beebo

Beebo

Veteran
Rees Mogg could be in trouble for referring to the committee members as Marsupials.

He puts himself out as some kind of champion for the traditions of the House of Commons, then calls the committee out as being a kangaroo court.

I hope the Speaker issues some kind of reprimand for contempt of parliament.

spen666

I doubt the hearing has changed many minds.
This is so right in my opinion

The haters will continue to hate

The supporters will continue to support

The vast majority of the country probably don't get excited about the issue now.

Top Bottom