Salman Rushdie stabbed.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Unreadable nonsense? How much have you actually read of his writing?
You read it the wrong way, i said even if i would find it unreadable nonsense.. not saying i do my point was more that regardless of what you think about Rushdie the way how his attack is now celebrated and how he has been hunted or for years is wrong, i think the rest of my rant kind of gave it away but apparently it didn't

Every idea should be open to analysis and criticism, whether it's a religion or a philosophy, a culture or a political ideology. There should be nothing above criticism and noone exempt from it. If there is anything worthwhile in it, it will withstand examination.
Sounds nice on paper give you condemning looks if you talk about Christianity, give you some cancellations if you talk about Jewism, and gives you death threats if you talk about islam, shouldn't be this way but it is. oh and the religion of transgender hangs somewhere between Islam and jewism

AndyRM

Elder Goth
You read it the wrong way, i said even if i would find it unreadable nonsense.. not saying i do my point was more that regardless of what you think about Rushdie the way how his attack is now celebrated and how he has been hunted or for years is wrong, i think the rest of my rant kind of gave it away but apparently it didn't

Mea culpa, I misread your post.

AuroraSaab

Legendary Member
Sounds nice on paper give you condemning looks if you talk about Christianity, give you some cancellations if you talk about Jewism, and gives you death threats if you talk about islam, shouldn't be this way but it is. oh and the religion of transgender hangs somewhere between Islam and jewism

Yes, freedom of thought and freedom of speech definitely come under the 'easier said than done' category. Which is why it's so important that we preserve it and why we need to remind people that they don't have a right not to be offended.

It would help if the UK was less friendly towards countries that oppress their citizens for freedom of speech.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.th...ven-34-year-prison-sentence-for-using-twitter

Top Bottom