Slavery and reparations

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Haven't seen that rationale for religion before.

I think it falls down just a little bit, since lots or resources are spent fighting with those of the same religion, with slightly differing views, or, fighting with those with a different "big leader".
I'm not claiming that religion would bring world peace, religion indeed bring war to i just say instead off all following julius cesar, all being followers of the big god of obi-one will bring some unity, until they meet those who follow obi-two.

my point is that ''without religion no wars'' is sadly not true.

PK99

Regular
The Barbary slave trade involved slave markets in the Barbary States. European slaves were acquired by Muslim Barbary pirates in slave raids on ships and by raids on coastal towns from Italy to the Netherlands, Ireland and the southwest of Britain, as far north as Iceland and into the Eastern Mediterranean.

Unkraut

Master of the Inane Comment
Indeed, one wonders how an all powerful, all seeing entity is unable to write a book with clear guidance which is not open to misinterpretation.

Kidnappers must be put to death, whether they are caught in possession of their victims or have already sold them as slaves. (Exodus)

Not sure you could misinterpret that.

C R

Über Member
Kidnappers must be put to death, whether they are caught in possession of their victims or have already sold them as slaves. (Exodus)

Not sure you could misinterpret that.
And yet Leviticus:

"Your male and female slaves are to come from the nations around you; from them you may buy slaves. You may also buy some of the temporary residents living among you and members of their clans born in your country, and they will become your property. You can bequeath them to your children as inherited property and can make them slaves for life, but you must not rule over your fellow Israelites ruthlessly."

As I said, you would have thought it would be evident to an omniscient being that having a book full of contradictions like this was asking for people to pick and choose as it suits them

Top Bottom