The B.B.I. Would you boycott it?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Craig the cyclist

Über Member
You're at it again.
Do these threads exist in isolation? Are we expected to read each one without any knowledge of what the prevailing thoughts on this forum are or what people have said in the past?

We have endless threads saying that protest should be unhindered and yet when a tin of a soup and a painting are involved, the poster calls the protesters morons, a long way from their usual stance on protest which is, at best, hypocritical.

The prevailing mood on here is to support small, local, independent traders, but on this thread it is ok to avoid them in favour of large retailers if they use Imperial measures.

It seems fine to pick up a few of us up on what we have said previously, but when we challenge back we are 'trolls'.

Ian H

Guru

Do these threads exist in isolation? Are we expected to read each one without any knowledge of what the prevailing thoughts on this forum are or what people have said in the past?

We have endless threads saying that protest should be unhindered and yet when a tin of a soup and a painting are involved, the poster calls the protesters morons, a long way from their usual stance on protest which is, at best, hypocritical.

The prevailing mood on here is to support small, local, independent traders, but on this thread it is ok to avoid them in favour of large retailers if they use Imperial measures.

It seems fine to pick up a few of us up on what we have said previously, but when we challenge back we are 'trolls'.

This reads like the ramblings of a thin skinned psychotic mass murderer, written on the wall of their bedroom in their own shoot, just before they go on a rampage with a semi automatic assault rifle in Costco.

winjim

Welcome yourself into the new modern crisis
This reads like the ramblings of a thin skinned psychotic mass murderer, written on the wall of their bedroom in their own shoot, just before they go on a rampage with a semi automatic assault rifle in Costco.

Semi automatic weaponry being another area with significant crossover between metric and imperial units of measurement.

Rusty Nails

Country Member
Ooooh, I have really gotten under your skin haven't I?

Tbh I don't believe that you are a complete troll, although a post like the one quoted does indicate the same MO and aims as a troll.

I believe you overuse your pet reductio ad absurdum ploy far too widely in an attempt to disprove people's arguments, which is fine on occasions, particularly when disproving mathematical or scientific theories, but the scatter-gun approach on political or topical issues, to which the rules of mathematics do not apply, does limit its effectiveness.

Craig the cyclist

Über Member
reductio ad absurdum
Are you sure you didn't mean to put that in a Robbie Coltrane memorial thread about his role as Hagrid? :laugh:

Top Bottom