Unusual Sexual Offence Conviction in Irish Case

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 121

First link is a BBC link.

Article speaks for itself.

Second link is a Wikipedia link.

She might be still at large technically here, but "No extradition proceedings were instituted by Britain". Blame either the "special relationship" or lack of motivation from the justice system here or both. She's not at large in the US as she was charged with Vehicular Manslaughter in 2019 and your link doesn't state what happened to her after 2020. But she faced up to 11 years but was deemed mentally unfit for trial, which seems a theme of her life. I would wager she is still in some sort of mental institution but i can't be bothered to hunt to find out.

AuroraSaab

Legendary Member
Seems like a lighter sentence than someone would have received in England and Wales for the same offence. Sentencing guidelines are different in Northern Ireland though which might account for it. Male rape is still a very taboo subject but hopefully the fact that the police took this case seriously might encourage men to come forward. There was a time when cases like this wouldn't have reached court at all, whether the victim was male or female.

Last edited:
Reactions: C R

glasgowcyclist

Über Member
Tinyurl again? Not clicking that.

Tinyurl was (is) useful for cumbersomely long web addresses or if you have a tinyurl account so that you can track who clicks your links for brand management etc.

I remember using it in its early days and it was etiquette to indicate where it would take the reader, e.g. ‘link goes to cyclechat.net’ or whatever.

To go to the effort to use it for simple urls is odd.

OP
OP
spen666

spen666

I remembered the Joyce McKinney case but never knew about her conspiring to steal a prosthetic leg for a horse. That detail had me laughing out loud.

The world needs more people like her.

I understand your comment, but it highlights the different mindset of the public between male alleged sex offenders and female alleged sex offenders where victim is adult. No one would dare suggest the world needs more sex offenders who are male, even in a jocular manner

Interestingly, this is perhaps reversed where victims are children and women offenders are more vilified than men by the public at large

Last edited:

slowmotion

I understand your comment, but it highlights the different mindset of the public between male alleged sex offenders and female alleged sex offenders where victim is adult. No one would dare suggest the world needs more sex offenders who are male, even in a jocular manner

Interestingly, this is perhaps reversed where victims are children and women offenders are more vilified than men by the public at large

There's a minor detail. She was never convicted of a sex offence. Anyway, I'm more interested in the equine prosthetic leg.

Top Bottom