Wot no Eurovision Thread?!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

icowden

Legendary Member
I can't believe that we haven't got a Eurovision Thread.

Anyway here's my hot take...

I was backing Bambi Thug. I thought Ireland's song was more sophisticated than the Swedish Number.
I was surprised that Israel did so well in the public vote.
I wasn't surprised that we did badly in the public vote - the staging seemed to have been prioritised instead of the vocals which weren't strong enough, plus Olly was out rainbowed by Nemo, who not only sang better but did so on the Lazy Susan disc. Also our song felt like half a song - it didn't go anywhere. It needed a big finish.

Best laugh out loud moment was the Windows 95 guy.
Not sure how Fathers4Justice managed to get into the final for Estonia.

fozy tornip

fozympotent
Sorry, I'm lost.
Can I get directions to Ian's "Ignore this" thread? I had in mind to post something funny.

Beebo

Veteran
There’s a thread over the other side of the tracks.
But I agree with you about our entry. Too much trying to be clever with the choreography, which left the vocals lacking.

Unkraut

Master of the Inane Comment
In my day the song contest used to be so awful it was compulsive viewing. It has now got beyond parody, and the entertainment value has evaporated.

We each made a decision individually not to watch it. I don't get the feeling I missed very much.

theclaud

Reading around the chip
In my day the song contest used to be so awful it was compulsive viewing. It has now got beyond parody, and the entertainment value has evaporated.

We each made a decision individually not to watch it. I don't get the feeling I missed very much.

Welcome to the BDS movement, Comrade.

albion

Guru
I was extremely unsurprised by the Israeli voting. Luckily it self balanced, it being only so so ok.

This is the first time I have watched in years. To me it seemed quite a stage spectacular, though it probably helped that it was not the single focus. The jury voting looks predetermined, the UK entry being quite awful on the night.

Last edited:

winjim

Welcome yourself into the new modern crisis
I think it says something about supporters of Israel that they attempted to legitimise a genocide by rigging the results of a big camp singing competition which was subject to a boycott.

I normally watch it but I don't want anything to do with anything which has Israeli involvement. And some of the biggest peanuts on the internet have suddenly become very interested, potentially ruining it for later years as well.

Some interesting input from posters on the main forum once again not remotely managing to avoid talking politics and demonstrating that they don't understand how a boycott works. (Hint: It's not voting against a genocidal nation for funsies)

albion

Guru
Politics over there is abundant, even if much seems blissfully ignorant.
Road speed limits, migrants, cyclists and even the TV licence are heavily laced with politics.

winjim

Welcome yourself into the new modern crisis
Politics over there is abundant, even if much seems blissfully ignorant.
Road speed limits, migrants, cyclists and even the TV licence are heavily laced with politics.

Of course. As is anything involving the concept of a nation state.

Top Bottom