A Stewart Lee thread for theClaud

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
matticus

matticus

Guru
Does he still have a thing about Gervais? That was the one bit that didn't play well when we saw him.

From what I recall of his shows [the televised ones, I should stress] is that he usually has a go at some wealthier/famouser entertainer.
The joke is the clear undertone that however cleverly he lampoons [X], he is actually a little bit jealous. So it doesn't matter whether the spite is justified (although the better he argues his case, the funnier it can get).

I find it entertaining, whether or not you choose to believe his jealousy :smile:

OP
OP
matticus

matticus

Guru
So, finally saw the great man live (almost 4 years to the day from watching Alexei in the same theatre, a week before lockdown. I enjoyed this more :P )
"I know what you're thinking - Will Shatner has let himself go." the opener set a high bar for the night.

Didn't quite meet the high expectations I'd built up, but a very fun couple of hours. I was surprised by how much chat he did with individuals* in the crowd, unexpected but good fun. There wasn't the same level of (amusingly fake) pure anger that I see on telly.

He did a funny bit about his demographics, and the typical age present, which highlighted to me that (in the lobby/street) there was a surprisingly large number of young people. So I asked a guy in the loos "How old are you?"
"I'm 28."
"oh OK, good. I admit I was expecting hardly anyone here to be much younger than me,"
"Don't worry, at least you've still got hair!"
He replied, with an encouraging smile.

Some here will be pleased to know he called one guy a cúnt.

Top Bottom