Angela Rayner was spot on.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

spen666

I don't know who you think I am, nor what I represent , but Im enjoying myself just fine thanks.

If you're saying come on why not join in the punching down , and making peurile jokes at the expense of people less well off , then no thanks.

I enjoy my self respect better :okay:

Sadly those who fail to learn the lessons from the past are doomed to repeat those failings

theclaud

Reading around the chip
Isn't it about time you started thinking before posting ?
Steady on. That would not be on brand.

mudsticks

Squire
In this context I'm pretty sure Spen means "the left" generally i.e. that Labour party that struggles to gain significant power/influence in UK Parliament.
In contrast to the Tories (who as you rightly point out, do tend towards "populist" strategies.)

You're both right correct on certain points!

Well who knows, but there seems to be a whole heap of assumptions going on there, one way or another..

Alongside the enigmatic yet random 'thought for the day' type, hoary old chestnuts, delivered at whom exactly??

We're yet to discover.

Personally I think that the main reason we don't have a more balanced parliament is because of our highly undemocratic fptp system.

Long overdue reform imo.
But we did that in a thread long, long, long time ago.

D

Deleted member 49

How much longer till Angie gets the push...?

Pale Rider

Veteran
I was never a big Starmer fan to start with...but there's a strange silence round these parts for all those that championed him.

According to Boris on questions, she's not been invited to Starmer's opposition front bench Christmas party.

She might think that's a result - I would - but it doesn't indicate a particularly long political future.

D

Deleted member 49

According to Boris on questions, she's not been invited to Starmer's opposition front bench Christmas party.

She might think that's a result - I would - but it doesn't indicate a particularly long political future.
I think the whole Xmas party shite is poor.Who is really bothered ? Far bigger stories out there.
But I agree I'm not sure I'd really what to be on the guest list of either !

Pale Rider

Veteran
I think the whole Xmas party shite is poor.Who is really bothered ? Far bigger stories out there.
But I agree I'm not sure I'd really what to be on the guest list of either !

The attraction of the Downing Street one would be some of the other guests are in power, which at least makes them relevant.

Rayner will be a miss at the Labour bash.

The other guests will have been looking forward to a foul mouthed outburst or two after she'd necked a bottle of Lambrini.

Rusty Nails

Country Member
I was never a big Starmer fan to start with...but there's a strange silence round these parts for all those that championed him.
That's because, if they are anything like me, they are very disappointed in his performance so are not going to jump up and defend him now, and will not until he shows he can hurt the Tory Party. Given the awful show the Tories are making of government the Labour Party should be landing a lot more telling blows than they are. It is less about shuffling his top team than getting that poker down from his ar*e.

At the time he appeared to many, not you of course smart-ar*e :rolleyes:, to be the best replacement for someone who had lost two GEs in a row and was taking the party nowhere. The party needed to make a change from its losing streak, given its drubbing at the last election and a loss to Theresa May of all people, but It has continued to show it has not been able to elect a leader capable of winning a GE since the last century.

The only question is whether to make a change when there is still time before the next GE, or to struggle along in the hope that either a) he can pull a rabbit out of the hat at the last minute, or b) voters will finally see Johnson for the self-serving, duplicitous charlatan he is.

D

Deleted member 49

The attraction of the Downing Street one would be some of the other guests are in power, which at least makes them relevant.

Rayner will be a miss at the Labour bash.

The other guests will have been looking forward to a foul mouthed outburst or two after she'd necked a bottle of Lambrini.
Tough choice p1ss up with Ange and a game of Stars in your eyes....tonight Matthew I'm going to be The dark lord himself Mandleson !
Or a game of pin the tail on the pig with Mogg and Johnsons merry pranksters ?

D

Deleted member 49

Tough choice p1ss up with Ange and a game of Stars in your eyes....tonight Matthew I'm going to be The dark lord himself Mandleson !
Or a game of pin the tail on the pig with Mogg and Johnsons merry pranksters ?
To be honest I find it thoroughly depressing trying to reinvent the Blair years ffs.We live in different times,he should be pushing for change ! Not nostalgia....

Top Bottom