Armageddon...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

spen666

I don't think the 3 minute warning will be long enough for the drugs and booze to take full effect.

The only solution is to get completely off your bits permanently . It seems the only rational choice.

i've fixed that for you

D

Deleted member 49

I don't think the 3 minute warning will be long enough for the drugs and booze to take full effect.
You need a better dealer.

Xipe Totec

Something nasty in the woodshed
I will start playing Fallout on the PS4 to get ready for the apocalypse.

After you get killed for the fifth time by a lv.1 mole rat, you'll wish Johnson had actually bothered with that whole levelling up thing.

Hope I survive long enough to be disembowelled by Super Mutants. :becool:

classic33

outta here.

What's the best way to prepare?

Anyone in their 70s and 80s care to reveal what we did during the Bay of Pigs?

Will you stock up on emergency rations of food/fuel/iodine tabs or will you get in your car and drive to be nearer the epicentre of any strikes on Britain to hasten the inevitable end?

Or should we remain in a state of collective denial? If it happens, it happens and there's no point worrying about something that usually (but not always) resolves itself?
Have you got time to get anywhere?
https://tech.hindustantimes.com/tec...ys-nasa-check-impact-risk-71664971638752.html

Bazzer

Having read some years ago, and still having a copy, of "Doomsday: Britain after nuclear attack", if the book is correct about targets, I'm screwed. Living between 2 major cities and and not too far from major transport links, the fallout will get me, even if the blasts don't. So stocking up at ASDA is going to be a wasted effort.
Probably hit the home made wine and/or Stolly.

Craig the cyclist

Über Member
There are two great fun prepping documentaries, possibly still on Netflix.

The US one had a guy who had bought an old Pershing missile silo in Texas. He had a 5 mile perimeter which was pressure sensor and camera strewn, the road in was about 3 miles long and had armoured checkpoints. The place had several LW, SW and VHF radios and antennae strung all over the property to ensure decent coverage. He had his own endless secure water supply, an impenetrable nuclear bunker with a 5 year air filter, 5 years of tinned and dried food for 6 people, about 250 guns and hundreds of thousands of rounds. He had an underground invincible house that was designed to house over 150 people.

The UK guy had access to a rubber dinghy, which he planned to paddle to a small island in the middle of a river, which had a little shed on it. He had an air rifle, a tin of pellets and a crossbow buried on the island with some tins from Tescos and a CB radio.

stowie

There are two great fun prepping documentaries, possibly still on Netflix.

The US one had a guy who had bought an old Pershing missile silo in Texas. He had a 5 mile perimeter which was pressure sensor and camera strewn, the road in was about 3 miles long and had armoured checkpoints. The place had several LW, SW and VHF radios and antennae strung all over the property to ensure decent coverage. He had his own endless secure water supply, an impenetrable nuclear bunker with a 5 year air filter, 5 years of tinned and dried food for 6 people, about 250 guns and hundreds of thousands of rounds. He had an underground invincible house that was designed to house over 150 people.

The UK guy had access to a rubber dinghy, which he planned to paddle to a small island in the middle of a river, which had a little shed on it. He had an air rifle, a tin of pellets and a crossbow buried on the island with some tins from Tescos and a CB radio.

With the Texan chap... So he digs in for 5 years eating tinned or dried food and water. Then what? I mean, when he comes out it is hardly likely that he will be able to stroll over to the Walmart to resupply. Unless you have farming skills plus the labour / machinery plus land that isn't actually toxic then it is somewhat unlikely things will end well.

At least the UK guy didn't spend lots of money and time putting together a futile plan.

slowmotion

In the Seventies, The Architect's Journal had a competion to suggest the best name to give an early 1960's nuclear bunker which had been available for installation in wealthy Americans' gardens. It was a giant steel tube that could be buried a few feet deep and came with some quite impressive facilities.

The winning entry was...

..." The Linger Longer ".

slowmotion

I’m in the can’t be arsed camp.
Prepping seems too much effort for very little benefit. Who wants to live in a post nuclear dystopian future.
My hope is I get chewed up in the initial blast as I’m only 12 miles from central London

If dropped on Hyde Park Corner, the blast from a 1 megaton bomb will reach you after about 40 seconds. Unfortunately, I'm only 3 miles from Ground Zero so I'll get vapourised 30 seconds before you.

It's simply not fair....

Edit: I would be really miffed if I had spent years paying into a funeral plan.
:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

Last edited:

Beebo

Veteran
If dropped on Hyde Park Corner, the blast from a 1 megaton bomb will reach you after about 40 seconds. Unfortunately, I'm only 3 miles from Ground Zero so I'll get vapourised 30 seconds before you.

It's simply not fair....

It means I’ll have 39 seconds to admire the mushroom cloud and gather the family for one last selfie to post on instagram.

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.
With the Texan chap... So he digs in for 5 years eating tinned or dried food and water. Then what? I mean, when he comes out it is hardly likely that he will be able to stroll over to the Walmart to resupply. Unless you have farming skills plus the labour / machinery plus land that isn't actually toxic then it is somewhat unlikely things will end well.

At least the UK guy didn't spend lots of money and time putting together a futile plan.

Quite. Being killed outright is probably the best option.

Rusty Nails

Country Member

It's simply not fair....

It would be much slower in the rush hour.

Bloody bike lanes.

Top Bottom