Armageddon...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

oldwheels

There used to be a nuclear bunker a couple of miles from my house which latterly was used by the Observer Corps. Quite spacious inside.
It was apparently intended for local council officials but they would be chucked out if Royalty got there first.
It vanished when a new road was built but it may only have been the entry which was removed and the bunker may still be there.

Bazzer

There is always the (not so) secret nuclear bunker in Cheshire.

Unkraut

Master of the Inane Comment
I have never forgotten putting on the 8 o'clock news one morning and hearing the usual newsreader announce the govt had issued a four minute warning of an imminent nuclear strike. Nearly had a heart attack.

This was followed by the sentence you can hear tonight's play The Beginning of the End at half past eight on Radio 4.
Switched on two minutes too soon!

Bazzer

You might be lucky (!) enough to be visiting just as the 3-4-5-whatever minute warning sounds for real and you get to stay!
I'm unlikely to be visiting it any time soon. I only became aware of it three or four years ago, having seen the brown tourism signs, when taking my youngest to college.
There was also one in central Manchester, as Mrs B and I discovered, when we joined a guided evening walk about the city during WW2. Although it seems that particular one's primary purpose, along with a couple of others in Birmingham and London, was communications.

Top Bottom