First Aspect
Squire
Given what "shield" was a euphamism for at one time, I am not sure they've spent enough on branding advice.'Britannia Shield'that'll appeal to the a certain demographic I suppose.
Given what "shield" was a euphamism for at one time, I am not sure they've spent enough on branding advice.'Britannia Shield'that'll appeal to the a certain demographic I suppose.
More knowledgebale people (Defence Select Committee, retired senior military) are saying entry level costings £75bn-£100bn.£10 billion! ……..that will be the Temu version.
I found aspects of TV reports from Conservative Conference amusing, mainly the way most attendees who hold no position in the party, just constituency supporters attending talk about "Kemi" using just her christian name "Kemi" like they know her personally, good friends, on first name terms. I bet for most the closest they've ever been to her was when they were sitting in the audience and she was on stage in front of an autocue.
More knowledgebale people (Defence Select Committee, retired senior military) are saying entry level costings £75bn-£100bn.
I found aspects of TV reports from Conservative Conference amusing, mainly the way most attendees who hold no position in the party, just constituency supporters attending talk about "Kemi" using just her christian name "Kemi" like they know her personally, good friends, on first name terms. I bet for most the closest they've ever been to her was when they were sitting in the audience and she was on stage in front of an autocue.
No, she'll explain to them in her best long-suffering, used to dealing with idiots, patronising voice that £10 billion is more than enough and the rest is simply civil service waste and the cost of "woke".
Interestingly an expert from the United Services Institute said that £10 bn could go a long way to providing the sort of 'shield' that the UK needs. We don't need an Israeli or Ukrainian style shield but our biggest threat is Russian missiles coming from the north.
I've only recently got back having been helping with building work starting 05:00 and ending 19:00'ish every day (completely exhausted) so missed Labour Conference so no, I didn't find it amusing 'cos I didn't see it.Do you find it equally amusing how many Labour conference attendees refer to Burnham as Andy? Or going back a while it was Tony? Or Reform call him Nigel? Or Greens call Polanski, Zach (or is it Zack or Zac?)I found aspects of TV reports from Conservative Conference amusing, mainly the way most attendees who hold no position in the party, just constituency supporters attending talk about "Kemi" using just her christian name "Kemi" like they know her personally, good friends, on first name terms. I bet for most the closest they've ever been to her was when they were sitting in the audience and she was on stage in front of an autocue.
Do you find it equally amusing how many Labour conference attendees refer to Burnham as Andy? Or going back a while it was Tony? Or Reform call him Nigel? Or Greens call Polanski, Zach (or is it Zack or Zac?)
Or Labour supporters singing "Oh Jeremy"
As I said earlier those members who attend party conferences are weird.
From House of Commons Library 2025Interestingly an expert from the United Services Institute said that £10 bn could go a long way to providing the sort of 'shield' that the UK needs. We don't need an Israeli or Ukrainian style shield but our biggest threat is Russian missiles coming from the north.
C4 News interviewed ex Forces person who went on to be Defence Attache in Russia (and somewhere rlse) who was highlighting thatThe UK adopts a “multi-layered approach to air and missile defence” of the UK homeland, including in collaboration with allies.
The armed forces operate air defence assets across all three services which can be deployed for localised defence of the UK mainland, should they be required. That capability is supported by an extensive early warning radar network in the UK, which also forms a part of NATO’s Integrated Air and Missile Defence (NATO IAMD) system, of which the UK is a part, and the US ballistic missile defence system.