BBC Woke Comedy

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bazzer

There's also a tendency to think that people are stupid.

Ghosts UK ran for 4 seasons - 24 episodes of beautifully crafted comedy. In the US the first season alone was expanded to 22 episodes, and the biggest contrast of all is that it often just isn't funny. In the opening of the first episode, there is an "explainer" for each Ghost where in the UK series we learned about the Ghosts from the way that their stories interpolated into the modern day story line. The US version is just unwatchable IMO.
Mrs B and I enjoyed the Ghost UK series and we were hoping for a different twist to the US characters. But the dumbing down was awful.
IIRC we just about made it to the end of episode 1 and that was as much as we could tolerate.

AndyRM

Elder Goth
The hand holding for some shows (and films) is borderline insulting at times.

Cirrus

Mrs B and I enjoyed the Ghost UK series and we were hoping for a different twist to the US characters. But the dumbing down was awful.
IIRC we just about made it to the end of episode 1 and that was as much as we could tolerate.

I really liked the UK series, and I really like the US series too (have made it to the latest season) as I do think they have added different elements to it and done it quite well.

Top Bottom