Why are there so few right wing comedians?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

winjim

Welcome yourself into the new modern crisis
I know you have some kind of autistic sh*t going on but surely you must realise I was taking the p*ss?

As for 'right wing ' I'm assuming in this instance we ARE talking about sexist, racist, 'punching down ' comedy rather than some in depth political humour which frankly bores me to tears.

Well I guess at least one of us is missing a sense of humour.

D

Deleted member 28

I think that's part of the problem. The press and Conservative politicians have invented left wing comedy. Comedians satirise and mock Conservative Politicians. Thus Hislop and Merton are "typical left wing biased comedians".

What tends to be forgotten is:-

View attachment 2166

View attachment 2167

View attachment 2168

View attachment 2169

View attachment 2170

View attachment 2171

Well I almost fell off my chair after that little montage, I'll stick to laughing at basic ridicule and pi$$ take.

Far too intellectual for this dum rigga!

theclaud

Reading around the chip
Haven't seen/read that comedian, i'm responding to the point where you say ''right wing is synonymous with racist''

Nope that is the leftish lie that keeps on getting repeated, but if you remove all prejudices and just read what is written/said etc. Anything on the left is the most racist, it's just covered up under screams they are anti-racist, anti-facist or the ''they started first'' defense. Two wrongs never make one right, in modern London terms, they just result in two body bags and stab victims..

Like i said before i think the biggest issue is with wanting to class everything, waiting to insert a set of norms which has lead o cancel culture. Because we already have that set of norms and it called the law. The thing is real comedy might offend someone, real comedy might not be liked by everyone, some might think a certain comedian is an absolute @sshole. However the law says that as long as they person doesn't break any laws he should be able to perform. And if you don't like it you simply can choose not to buy an ticket.

But these days it's more complicated, because if the ''union of we feel what we think we now is right for you theaters and such'' decides to ban a certain comedian, the choice whether or not to buy an ticket for said comedian is taken away, we have taken a step further towards totalitarian left that is unofficially idolized in schools, university's etc. and freedom is further limited, further because the inability to stop terrorist attacks, like Bataclan, Charlie Hebdo, Manchester Arena has already limited the topics comedians joke about. Because the prospect of being an lifelong target like Salman Rushdie for example isn't that great.

So instead of claiming an comedian is left or right or just in the middle wouldn't it be better to wonder whether we want this ''let's decide whats good for others'' attitude?

Can't wait til Dutchie gets to the punchline.

Top Bottom