Benefits Again

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Bromptonaut

Bromptonaut

Rohan Man
The chimp, unlike you, only ever posts snidey one liners designed to cause bother, so in that respect he is the best example we have on here of someone trolling the forum.

He's not even crossing the line under the bridge.

Pale Rider

Veteran

Again, I'm a little disappointed you think that way.

At least I can't be accused of calling him a troll just because I disagree with him because, well, he rarely says anything that can be disagreed, or agreed, with.

Isn't that at least a red flag for you?

mudsticks

Squire

Did Chimpers ever declare their pronouns out loud..??

I like to think they're far too enigmatic, for that kind of solid self-definition.

I could be wrong, and be thinking of one of the other preternatural entities that wafts in and out of here from time to time 🤔

the snail

At least partly because if the scale of benefit fraud by the citizen is more than say an order of magnitude less than the scale of financial mismanagement and fraud by the state then it becomes a victimless crime. There's no point grassing up Dave the plasterer for a few grand if the state is pissing away billions.

Dave just needs to take the revenue guy out for lunch and they'd probably let him off paying, like vodaphone bloke did when they owed 750 million.

theclaud

Reading around the chip
You might think differently if your house is clumsily burgled

I love the way Paley has a moral get-out clause for some fantasy Raffles or Sir Charles Litton character, and has to make it clear that he only means those nasty junkie sorts.

theclaud

Reading around the chip
I have no need to prove my bona fides to anyone

BICSc?

Pale Rider

Veteran
Don't be silly - he's unsympathetic toward benefit cheats.

I am unsympathetic towards every criminal, irrespective of age, gender, race, whether they are half man, half biscuit, disabled, etc etc.

I love the way Paley has a moral get-out clause for some fantasy Raffles or Sir Charles Litton character, and has to make it clear that he only means those nasty junkie sorts.

I know you are being snidey, but you do touch on an interesting point.

The clean, Raffles type burglar - the type who can do your gaffe and barely leave a trace - largely no longer exists.

This is because many have turned to drug dealing because it is much more lucrative.

Top Bottom