Boris Johnson

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I would go for gaff to mean house, but since it's verbal slang there may not be a standardised spelling.

Gaffe, on t'other hand, appears to have some etymology establishing its spelling and meaning of a mistake.

I quite like my new role as spelling monitor, but I'm only prepared to carry on if @Bromptonaut agrees to do the milk.

In my book gaffe goes beyond an honest mistake and into carelessness and/or wilfull disregard for others.

Hence the BoJo link being quite funny...

Last edited:
Reactions: C R

Milzy

IMG_2512.jpeg

Beebo

Veteran
This just popped up on YouTube. It’s no longer topical but perfectly edited. The camera panning at the end is just superb.

View: https://youtu.be/h1yRgZMGOfQ?si=QE-uBbhm2N_U3CcD

Cirrus

Watching Lee Cain being asked to interpret Cummings’s WhatsApp messages to him re Johnson in covid meetings.

Cummings was brutal in them, watching Cain explain how inept Boris was ( he’s trying, poorly, to defend him) is funny, cringeworthy and tragic.

winjim

Welcome yourself into the new modern crisis
OK, did everyone know about this? If so, how am I just finding out about it now?

So we had that business last year with Liz Truss and the lettuce, right? And now I discover that Boris Johnson has a daughter named Lettice. What the actual fudge is going on?

I give up, it's all too ridiculous for me.

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.
OK, did everyone know about this? If so, how am I just finding out about it now?

So we had that business last year with Liz Truss and the lettuce, right? And now I discover that Boris Johnson has a daughter named Lettice. What the actual fudge is going on?

I give up, it's all too ridiculous for me.

Don't be too hard on yourself..... I doubt even Boris knows the names of all of his children ;)

Top Bottom