Bypassing Paywalls

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

winjim

Welcome yourself into the new modern crisis
TBF, with the Telegraph one today I didn't have to do anything, by about the fifth or sixth time I tried to access it I think it got sick of asking me for money and just gave in.

OP
OP
AndyRM

AndyRM

Elder Goth
Thanks for that, have bookmarked it.

I use Webpage Archive for some paywalls but it doesn't work with a lot of them.

Yeah, there are a few ways to do it, but this is the most consistent I've found recently and doesn't involve browser specific extensions or fannying around in the Developer menu.

There was another site that I used to use which was also really good, but helpfully I can't remember the name...

Mr Celine

My local library service gives free access to a press reader account, which covers many local, national and international titles.

OP
OP
AndyRM

AndyRM

Elder Goth
Isn’t bypassing the paywall akin to not having a TV licence and watching Live BBC TV?

No.

winjim

Welcome yourself into the new modern crisis
I think it's right we should pay for good quality journalism, but I'm not going to take out a subscription to a newspaper with political values antithetical to my own, purely for the pointless purpose of debunking the spurious assertions of some cyclist or other on a minor corner of the internet.

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.
It’s more like using the facilities in a Wetherspoons without lining Tim Martin’s pockets.

Well, if you do that, you get the benefit of some exercise, "the facilities" are usually up/down several flights of stairs, and, as far from the entrance as possible. I think he employs someone especially to plan the locations of "the facilities" ;)

Top Bottom