Concern for the Queen’s health.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Salty seadog

picking out which mourners would make the best shots and telling the camera operators what to do. Which kind of seems a bit disrespectful in a way.

Disrespectful or disingenuous?

D

Deleted member 49

Another point which occurred to me, it's not just a stream switching between a few static cameras, it's focussing on specific people as they come in. Somebody's sitting in a booth and directing it, picking out which mourners would make the best shots and telling the camera operators what to do. Which kind of seems a bit disrespectful in a way.
You mean like Beckham and his 12 hour man of the people queueing PR bollox 🙄
Brought a tear to my eye.....

winjim

Welcome yourself into the new modern crisis
Good thread here documenting some of the weirdness and wonder of The Queue. Contains Beckham. Good on Jules' mum for appearing to stay remarkably cheerful throughout the whole experience. Also reinforces my point about seeing the sights as you queue, there's some beautiful cityscapes and sunrise. I don't think you need to particularly be a royalist to recognise that it's a pretty momentous occasion and an interesting and strange collective experience to be part of.

View: https://twitter.com/NowThenSunshine/status/1570540040073412610?t=iuWbQnuuXaT3M0YZGn-E0w&s=19

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Who care's, Sue Me

Best you go learn to read first….i thought pictures and memes was more your thing.

Mr Celine

1663415631071.png

Imagine if everyone queuing had instead donated their time to a time bank and did something useful with it rather than standing in a queue. Then imagine what the cost of policing it would do if it was redirected to investigating to solving crimes. All of the marmalade sandwiches could have been donated to the homeless instead of being left to rot in plastic bags.

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.
Imagine if everyone queuing had instead donated their time to a time bank and did something useful with it rather than standing in a queue. Then imagine what the cost of policing it would do if it was redirected to investigating to solving crimes. All of the marmalade sandwiches could have been donated to the homeless instead of being left to rot in plastic bags.

All excellent suggestions, but, far too sensible (sadly)

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Who care's, Sue Me

Imagine if people were allowed to do what they think is best for them and not get told by others that they are wrong, just because they wanted to do something, someone else didnt want to do…..what a world that would be hey.

Top Bottom