Concern for the Queen’s health.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

winjim

Welcome yourself into the new modern crisis
Given the way the RIP thread on the main forum is going, I'm thinking of posting this tweet and doing a runner.

View: https://twitter.com/cstross/status/1570348864309182466?t=2XnkE5qYT8rhjB0AeV3Y5g&s=19

deptfordmarmoset

Über Member
Anyhow, the queue has reached capacity so it has been ''temporarily paused''. There's now another queue forming in Southwark Park to join the queue once it has been unpaused.
2016.jpg

glasgowcyclist

Über Member
Given the way the RIP thread on the main forum is going, I'm thinking of posting this tweet and doing a runner.

On that thread I remarked that all schools in Scotland had closed, not as a sign of respect but because Andrew was in town.

It was pulled.

On that thread I remarked that all schools in Scotland had closed, not as a sign of respect but because Andrew was in town.

It was pulled.

TBH, the mods on the main site are a bunch of useless, power crazed, easily upset morons.

There's nothing that these twats will take offence to, even posts relating to mental health from people who have experience of mental health, for example.

Rant over. As you were. ^_^

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Who care's, Sue Me
TBH, the mods on the main site are a bunch of useless, power crazed, easily upset morons.

There's nothing that these twats will take offence to, even posts relating to mental health from people who have experience of mental health, for example.

You want to be careful the mods are not reading threads over here…..they may take offence to this post

AuroraSaab

Legendary Member

It's a huge site. There must be hundreds of posts a day to monitor. I don't envy the mods their jobs, even if they might be a bit overzealous at times. They don't always get it right but I wouldn't want 30 sub forums where anything goes like on here.

winjim

Welcome yourself into the new modern crisis
I watched a bit of the stream and they were stopping every twenty minutes or so to change over the guards. Try finding some soldiers who can stand still for more than a quarter of an hour at a time and you'll be able to keep things moving much better.

Another point which occurred to me, it's not just a stream switching between a few static cameras, it's focussing on specific people as they come in. Somebody's sitting in a booth and directing it, picking out which mourners would make the best shots and telling the camera operators what to do. Which kind of seems a bit disrespectful in a way.

Rusty Nails

Country Member
I watched a bit of the stream and they were stopping every twenty minutes or so to change over the guards. Try finding some soldiers who can stand still for more than a quarter of an hour at a time and you'll be able to keep things moving much better.

Another point which occurred to me, it's not just a stream switching between a few static cameras, it's focussing on specific people as they come in. Somebody's sitting in a booth and directing it, picking out which mourners would make the best shots and telling the camera operators what to do. Which kind of seems a bit disrespectful in a way.

A friend of mine once worked as one of those human statues you see in the high street. He said it was extremely difficult to get to the stage where he could stand  absolutely still for 10-15 minutes

I believe one of those guardsmen collapsed a couple of days ago. Probably only snipers actually train to stay still.

Top Bottom