Cricket Scotland

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Xipe Totec

Something nasty in the woodshed
Eh?

Maybe you only accept criticism from other people who seem to be from Scotland?

Any countries whole National governing body for any sport resigning because of institutional racism is a very big deal. I am sure it would be a deal even if the Welsh Quidditch Federation all resigned for institutional racism.

You defended racism fella……….its plain for all to see

What's with you people and not understanding simple sequences of words?

All I said was that I was surprised it was the lead item on a London radio station, and because it's a pro-Tory, pro-UK right-wing radio station, they might have a cynical reason for putting it ahead of other news items, when probably most of their listenership would've reacted by saying they didn't even know Scotland had a cricket governing body!

You boys need to find something else to get cross about, you're just making yourselves look even more stupid than you usually do.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Who care's, Sue Me
What's with you people and not understanding simple sequences of words?

All I said was that I was surprised it was the lead item on a London radio station, and because it's a pro-Tory, pro-UK right-wing radio station, they might have a cynical reason for putting it ahead of other news items, when probably most of their listenership would've reacted by saying they didn't even know Scotland had a cricket governing body!

You boys need to find something else to get cross about, you're just making yourselves look even more stupid than you usually do.

Even though cricket scotland have played against england at cricket and tour the carribean, played in cricket world cups etc ect…..i mean im welsh and i knew scotland had an international cricket team.

you just defend the racism any way you wish fella…….its just a minority sport, remember.

225yrs they have played cricket in scotland with over 130 teams, yet you seem to not know about it…..pull the other one, it plays jingle bells

glasgowcyclist

Über Member
So by questioning its news worthiness hes not defending it……come on glasgow

Correct.

What he said of the racism was that it was “objectively appalling”. You can’t read that as a defence of racism unless you want to lie and deliberately misrepresent his position.

jowwy

Correct.

What he said of the racism was that it was “objectively appalling”. You can’t read that as a defence of racism unless you want to lie and deliberately misrepresent his position.

But also states that making it UK wide news paints scotland in a bad light….come on glasgow

i mean its all over the news skysports, bbc sports, bbc news….its not just on LBC as he stated.

Xipe Totec

Something nasty in the woodshed
But also states that making it UK wide news paints scotland in a bad light….come on glasgow

i mean its all over the news skysports, bbc sports, bbc news….its not just on LBC as he stated.

That wasn't what I said at all. Please read the words, one at a time. If any of them confuse you, just ask for help. No-one will think less of you.

jowwy

That wasn't what I said at all. Please read the words, one at a time. If any of them confuse you, just ask for help. No-one will think less of you.

I dont need help, i read it loud and clear………..hide racism, dont show scotland in a bad light, it was only on LBC, its only a minority sport………..clearly shows who and what you are.

winjim

Welcome yourself into the new modern crisis
Without wishing to decry the achievement of the team, but the 2015 competition included those other hot beds of cricket, the UAE and Afghanistan.
They will certainly play cricket to a far higher level than I could ever achieve and probably higher than most on here, but some perspective may be necessary.

I don't know about the racism but I would make the point that the world cup is not the highest standard in the game, test cricket is. Scotland are not a test team, Afghanistan are.

jowwy

I don't know about the racism but I would make the point that the world cup is not the highest standard in the game, test cricket is. Scotland are not a test team, Afghanistan are.

Seriously……ask how many would take playing for their country in a world cup, compared to playing test cricket….they would choose the world cup every time.

jowwy

Ah, so we can add cricket to the list of things you know the square root of f*ck all about.

I know scotland got an international cricket team…..you feckers didnt and you lived there.

I dont need help, i read it loud and clear………..hide racism, dont show scotland in a bad light, it was only on LBC, its only a minority sport………..clearly shows who and what you are.

The concept being missed is perspective.

Cricket Scotland (CS) have been subject to an inquiry about racism. The outcome is so bad for CS that its entire board has resigned.

CS are not alone. Yorkshire, one of the historically pre-eminent counties in English Cricket, have been condemned for racism following the Azeem Rafiq scandal. Reverberations from that suggested the problem was endemic with the possibility that cricket is institutionally racist across the UK.

A UK news item picks up the CS story as being part of the same story and reinforces the point that cricket needs root & branch reform.

Or maybe they're picking it up because, even though it's true, it's part of an agenda against Scotland.

Actually, it could be both; the theories are not mutually exclusive.

Top Bottom