Cruella Braverman...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Milkfloat

The truth is that your mate Foodie regularly abuses and mocks women in power, especially using their heritage. You are now defending that behaviour because you don't want to accept that he is a racist.

I have never used race to belittle anyone. It isn't righteous indignation, it is simply me pointing out we have a racist in our midst, and you are defending him.

Whilst he may mock both men and women in power, I don't think their heritage/race has ever been bought into it, just their character and beliefs. Do you have any examples?

I have never used race to belittle anyone. It isn't righteous indignation, it is simply me pointing out we have a racist in our midst, and you are defending him.

In what sense is either Pritti Nazi or Cruella Braverman using race?

If she were labelled Pritti P*k* I could see your point.

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.
So far as I can see he's used nick names for two successive holders of one of the great offices of state.

Are you suggesting that if holders were (a) Michael Gove and (b) Jacob Rees-Mogg then there would be no such names?

Personally, I find it quite a positive thing that it is regarded as acceptable to assign nicknames to Politicians, regardless of their ethnic background, and/or gender. To me it shows we are indeed inching toward equality. My agreement, or otherwise, with the sentiment behind the nicknames is of no consequence, in this context.

Last edited:
Names are our heritage.

Braverman's forename is Sue-Ellen. Suella is a shortening.

Ian H

Guru
Names are our heritage.
So there is no comedy from calling someone a Nazi then?
Who said there was? The sobriquet is directed at a politician with what many consider to be highly unpleasant views. It makes a point about her political stance. You may well disagree and find her views acceptable, but you seem not to wish to enlighten us in that respect.

Rusty Nails

Country Member
It's a fairly common right-wing trope: to cast any criticism of a non-white politician as somehow racist. Standard deflection from the actual issue. The righteous indignation is almost convincing.

That has often been the attitude of left-wingers to people who criticise Diane Abbott and to a lesser extent David Lammy and Dawn Butler.

Accusations of racism are often used to deflect or shut down debate as in this thread.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Who care's, Sue Me
But there is already a thread on suella braverman opened up in my 2022 by @Bromptonaut to were he used her proper name. So why open up another using another name, why not just use the original one???

or is it because flabbers opened it, then its ok, cause you all like him and hes part of your clan???

Top Bottom