Development goal....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AndyRM

Elder Goth
Gadzooks!?!?!?

You mean to say you don't separate your kitchen waste / compostables from your non recyclable refuse ?!?!?! 😱

I always feared I might have fallen into low company hereabouts. 👀

But crivens, I didn't expect such laissez faire debauchery coming from one such as yourself ... 🙄

Sadly we don't have are not availed with the receptacles for such things in these parts. I blame Thatcher or something, it's grim up North you know?

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.
Sadly we don't have are not availed with the receptacles for such things in these parts. I blame Thatcher or something, it's grim up North you know?

Although you are not in the same Local Authority area as me, I would suspect you are not meant to put food waste into your "recyclables" bin (blue bin in my area, not sure about yours). As you say, separate collection of food waste is not currently applicable here, food waste goings in with the "non-recyclables" (black bin in my area, not sure about yours).

AndyRM

Elder Goth
Although you are not in the same Local Authority area as me, I would suspect you are not meant to put food waste into your "recyclables" bin (blue bin in my area, not sure about yours). As you say, separate collection of food waste is not currently applicable here, food waste goings in with the "non-recyclables" (black bin in my area, not sure about yours).

Yep, grey for general, blue for recycling and we have green for gardens

mudsticks

Squire

Definitely Thatchers fault, she was no friend to the planet.

So not as far north as Scotland shire..
My boy up North (Glasgow) has a food waste bin ..
But they're all rather more civilised up there right🙄

Yep, grey for general, blue for recycling and we have green for gardens

Green for gardens...🙂
So if you've got a garden you could do your own composting..💚

Or if that's not possible there's always bokashi..😇

ebikeerwidnes

Own composting is not always possible
We have a garden but it is just grass - no plants except a few well established ones that just get pruned and/or trimmed

Hence no use for compost
We do have a green bin which gets collected every 2 weeks - but we have to pay for it
at the moment we have a blue bin for recycling and grey for "rubbish"

Down the road they have the famous purple bins that denote Scousers
Not sure if they intend to standardise the colours - it would cause a BIG fuss in Scouse land (in which I have never lived - my Mum would have liked me to make that clear!!! - I live in Cheshire)

The Crofted Crest

Recycling Hertog Jan brewery style...

20231027_172402.jpg

AndyRM

Elder Goth
Own composting is not always possible
We have a garden but it is just grass - no plants except a few well established ones that just get pruned and/or trimmed

Hence no use for compost
We do have a green bin which gets collected every 2 weeks - but we have to pay for it
at the moment we have a blue bin for recycling and grey for "rubbish"

Down the road they have the famous purple bins that denote Scousers
Not sure if they intend to standardise the colours - it would cause a BIG fuss in Scouse land (in which I have never lived - my Mum would have liked me to make that clear!!! - I live in Cheshire)

Aye, that's our problem. Patch of grass, small shed. Bugger all else. Might have more options when I get to being a bit more creative with it, but I'm trying to draw a book so the outdoors will have to wait!

Pale Rider

Veteran
The best way to deal with this sort of crap is to never engage with it at all. If your manager feels the need to fill in appraisal forms, let him, but don’t get involved unless you actually want to. Remember, none of it is for your benefit.

That was my approach, although I don't think the publisher was much interested in the journalists, so there was no conflict.

Many of the appraisal form questions were based on sales targets, customer service, teamwork and the like.

Us hacks don't sell anything, we don't service customers, and we are lone wolves.

There were some years when the news editor didn't get around to appraisals.

Top Bottom