Donald I, emperor of the world.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
It doesn't really matter as he can change his mind before the sharpie ink is dry.

I am wondering how long Denmark will string this out.
 

Psamathe

Squire
So Trump has finally closed on his real estate purchase of Greenland. He has all he wants, except for owning it.
From what I've seen reported of "the deal" it's nothing beyond what US already had ie to put more military on Greenland (they've had that "deal" for years). No natural resources, no law making capabilities, just more military being posted on Greenland (like they station troups in the UK or in Germany, etc.)

So, from what's public so far, a massive climb down by Trümp.

And it still required Parliamentary approval.
 

Beebo

Legendary Member
From what I've seen reported of "the deal" it's nothing beyond what US already had ie to put more military on Greenland (they've had that "deal" for years). No natural resources, no law making capabilities, just more military being posted on Greenland (like they station troups in the UK or in Germany,

That’s the bit I can’t understand. He could have increased US presence in Greenland at any point anyway.
Why did he have to pick a fight over sovereignty which he could never win and just alienated all his allies.
If there is a master plan I would like to understand it.
 

Psamathe

Squire
That’s the bit I can’t understand. He could have increased US presence in Greenland at any point anyway.
Why did he have to pick a fight over sovereignty which he could never win and just alienated all his allies.
If there is a master plan I would like to understand it.
My interpretation as CR's. He's realised he can't invade 'cos he's running out of munitions and maybe appreciated that NATO (excl. US) will honour Article 5. So he's using smoke and mirrors to make it look like he's won and Greenland succumbed to his wishes (which they haven't).
 

Pblakeney

Shaman
He is not talking to us. To his base it will look like he won.

Was about to post similar. He will claim a win, a huge win, the biggest win ever. And MAGA will lap it up.
 

briantrumpet

Timewaster
Hesgeth is going to be inspecting the troops each morning, it seems. No morning wood, no job. No boners about it.

1789835862301.png
 

Psamathe

Squire
Hesgeth is going to be inspecting the troops each morning, it seems. No morning wood, no job. No boners about it.

View attachment 17368
I suspect that's more about Hegseth failing to understand hormone fluctuations and his refusal to listen to those qualified medics.

Testing is one thing but mandatory treatment would mage US Government liable for lots of claims over tje longer term after the more negative impacts of dosing people with testosterone. Long term=after Hegseth is no longer in post so he's just dumping medical negative impacts on those he forces to be dosed and financial liability for compensation on US taxpayers.
 
  • Like
Reactions: C R

briantrumpet

Timewaster
I suspect that's more about Hegseth failing to understand hormone fluctuations and his refusal to listen to those qualified medics.

Testing is one thing but mandatory treatment would mage US Government liable for lots of claims over tje longer term after the more negative impacts of dosing people with testosterone. Long term=after Hegseth is no longer in post so he's just dumping medical negative impacts on those he forces to be dosed and financial liability for compensation on US taxpayers.

Maybe he wants all 40-year-old US servicemen to be bald, so his full head of hair stands out.

I wonder what his testosterone level is. I suspect that won't become public knowledge.
 

Psamathe

Squire
Maybe he wants all 40-year-old US servicemen to be bald, so his full head of hair stands out.

I wonder what his testosterone level is. I suspect that won't become public knowledge.
A lot must depend on what "treatment" is being forced. Some might be fine eg resolve a cause eg stop anabolic steroids or excessive alcohol might be OK but I wonder if medics would be prepared to give intramuscular testosterone injections to a "patient" who has had risks/side effects explained and refused injections.I suspect gel might not be compatible with military life, particularly if subject refuses.

Or maybe they'll just discharge people refusing (making military service even less appealing to potential recruits).
 
  • Like
Reactions: C R
Top Bottom