Donald I, emperor of the world.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

All uphill

Slow and steady
Apparently the BBC are legally unable to agree an out of court settlement. It’s explicitly written into the Royal Charter.
This means the case will only end in Court, or if Trump drops it. And Trump almost never goes to court.
I bet Trump and his lawyers weren’t aware of that.

Do you have a source for that?

Google thinks otherwise.
 

AuroraSaab

Epic Member
They've just made an out of court settlement in another case.

Screenshot_20260822_141823_Chrome.jpg


The whole thing is such nonsense. The BBC were seriously out of line. They should have apologised profusely and made sure it couldn't happen again, maybe offered a token financial settlement. Trump should have graciously accepted that apology and a few quid and been content with the fact that the BBC embarrassed themselves. He would have actually improved his standing by being sensible about it.
 
  • Laugh
Reactions: C R

Psamathe

Squire
Apparently the BBC are legally unable to agree an out of court settlement. It’s explicitly written into the Royal Charter.
This means the case will only end in Court, or if Trump drops it. And Trump almost never goes to court.
I bet Trump and his lawyers weren’t aware of that.
Do you have a source for that?

Google thinks otherwise.
I think whatever the Royal Charter, were the BBC to agree any out of court settlement where BBC money passed to Trümp there would be a massive outcry, lots regarding their license fees as going to Trůmp rather than of program creation and pushing some to switch to TV viewing that doesn't require a license.
 

Pinno718

Squire
Apparently the BBC are legally unable to agree an out of court settlement. It’s explicitly written into the Royal Charter.
This means the case will only end in Court, or if Trump drops it. And Trump almost never goes to court.
I bet Trump and his lawyers weren’t aware of that.

As per court ruling, if he cannot produce records to prove financial harm, it won't get to court.
I wonder if the BBC has the balls (win or not) to counter sue for costs incurred.

Apparently, only 284 Americans watched the documentary. (Ffs petulant Trump) ...and besides, although the timeline was condensed by the producers, none of what was in the documentary was not true. At no point did Trump call back the insurrectionists - which he had both the power and the influence to do.
 
  • Like
Reactions: C R

AuroraSaab

Epic Member
I think whatever the Royal Charter, were the BBC to agree any out of court settlement where BBC money passed to Trümp there would be a massive outcry, lots regarding their license fees as going to Trůmp rather than of program creation and pushing some to switch to TV viewing that doesn't require a license.

Personally I think people I don't like are as entitled to compensation for slander/libel just as much as people I do like. Whether license payers like it or not shouldn't be a factor. I would blame the BBC for getting themselves in that position.
 
  • Like
Reactions: C R

secretsqirrel

spiteful class warrior
Trump: I’ll be impeached if I lose the midterms
US president warns Republicans they will ‘lose everything’ if Democrats take control of Congress
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/us/politics/2026/08/22/trump-ill-be-impeached-if-i-lose-midterms/
Republicans get that warning every now and again. Its one of those themes he returns to when he has forgotten he has already said it. Like Greenland.
 

Pinno718

Squire
Trump: I’ll be impeached if I lose the midterms
US president warns Republicans they will ‘lose everything’ if Democrats take control of Congress
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/us/politics/2026/08/22/trump-ill-be-impeached-if-i-lose-midterms/

He said publicly some 6 months ago "...if the Democrats win, they'll impeach me, they'll impeach me...".

I hope his head is so mushed that he hasn't got the where with all to interfere with the mid terms enough to influence them and add all of the current mess he's not only got himself in, the noise, the Iran conflict. the very low polls ...
It's getting close to the mid-terms and he's failed to implement a lot of what he wants.
I actually think the Dems should have kept stum over any ambitions.
 

briantrumpet

Timewaster
Here's a brilliant take-down of Trump's Tariff Tantrum against Canada.

https://ifloz.substack.com/p/king-carney-activates-kong-mode-with

Escalation is a choice, says the side that whacked 50 per cent tariffs on cement and hockey sticks at the stroke of midnight. Every standover man since the dawn of the protection racket has run that exact patter, the bloke in the nice suit admiring your shopfront and observing what a shame it’d be if anything happened to it. Coming from a government of actual gangsters it’d chill the blood. Coming from a man with the unmistakable look of someone who lost a fight with a duty rate, it’s fucking karaoke.
 

Pross

Guru
It’s a bit weird that he realises he is doing stuff that will lead to impeachment yet continues to do it. Maybe rather than worrying about being impeached he could stop doing the stuff that will cause it. He also seems to miss the point that despite what he might be aiming for it is highly unlikely he’ll be President in just over two years and there are likely to be a range of civil and criminal cases resurrected / brought against him.
 
  • Like
Reactions: C R

briantrumpet

Timewaster
It’s a bit weird that he realises he is doing stuff that will lead to impeachment yet continues to do it. Maybe rather than worrying about being impeached he could stop doing the stuff that will cause it. He also seems to miss the point that despite what he might be aiming for it is highly unlikely he’ll be President in just over two years and there are likely to be a range of civil and criminal cases resurrected / brought against him.

I think he is 100% banking on some kind of suspension of the Constitution or the courts being so politicised that he can find some legalistic way of avoiding consequences by having a Trump dynasty installed in perpetuity.
 
Top Bottom