Donald I, emperor of the world.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

briantrumpet

Timewaster
He has a wife and 3 grown up children.
They will only have his best interests at heart.
They won’t be worrying about some internal party issues.

I dare say not, but Republicans won't give two hoots about them or their wishes. A regime that embraces Miller and JFK Jnr isn't going to care about relatives of a nearly-dead Senator who's not coming back. I assume there's some sort of strategy going on with numbers in the Senate and the midterms as to why McConnell is one of the following:
  1. Already dead, but they won't admit it
  2. Being kept nominally 'alive'
  3. Alive but incapable of communicating (hence being hidden)
I'm guessing that in all three cases it's to stop something happening to the Republican majority in Senate, but if I have read an explanation, it's not sunk in for me.
 

briantrumpet

Timewaster
He really is just plain thick. So thick, he thinks he's clever. While the world either laughs or shakes its head in disbelief at the stupidity.

https://bsky.app/profile/atrupar.com/post/3mufoo7xgvc2d
 

Psamathe

Squire
Minor but an interesting push back in the US from Trũmp's childish "renaming"

MapQuest app reaches No 1 on US Apple list after defying Trump’s Lake Ontario order​

Navigating app surpasses Google and Apple Maps on top-downloaded US chart after posting ‘we’re not changing it’
...
MapQuest, which was openly dismissive of the president’s 27 August executive order directing federal agencies to refer to the smallest of the Great Lakes as “Lake America” amid a trade spat with Canada, leapfrogged rivals Google Maps and Apple Maps to top the most-downloaded list, as first reported by TechCrunch.
Aspect I found interesting was not so much MapQuest's "we're not changing it" response but that so many US users liked that "not changing it" to inspire them to download the app.
 
  • Like
Reactions: C R

briantrumpet

Timewaster
Trump's ordered the US Postal Service to do his illegal bidding, contrary to an earlier injunction, which could completely screw up postal voting (which is a huge deal) for the midterms. I think the plan is to disenfranchise enormous blocks of postal votes (up to 10k at a time) if just one bar code has a discrepancy, basically by bunging up the entire system of postal voting.

They are going to try every trick in the book as I think they know they are going to get a pasting.

https://www.democracydocket.com/new...-of-case-for-trumps-mail-voting-restrictions/
 

Beebo

Legendary Member
I see that the Trump Youth are being entertained.
  • The White House has launched arcade games for kids using your taxpayer dollars that allows the children to cosplay as border patrol agents to target undocumented immigrants in America.

A prize for the first one who grasses up their own parents.
 

briantrumpet

Timewaster
Trump continues to push for the marginalisation of the US. 'Autarky' is the word for what he's effectively proposing, and it's never been a thing that's worked in practice.

Screenshot 2026-09-04 223029.png


https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autarky
 
Last edited:

Psamathe

Squire
I find it strange how, whilst I'm still scanning this thread (occasionally responding) it's no longer getting much of my attention as I've moved to the view that Trümp is a fool, pretty well everything he's done is foolish and chances are everything he will do in future will be foolish. I'm now at the point where he is such an idiot he no longer deserves much of my attention - spend time reading what he's done today and immediate conclusion has been and likely will be "foolish idiot".
 

briantrumpet

Timewaster
I find it strange how, whilst I'm still scanning this thread (occasionally responding) it's no longer getting much of my attention as I've moved to the view that Trümp is a fool, pretty well everything he's done is foolish and chances are everything he will do in future will be foolish. I'm now at the point where he is such an idiot he no longer deserves much of my attention - spend time reading what he's done today and immediate conclusion has been and likely will be "foolish idiot".

The danger is that that's exactly what his fascist enablers/handlers want... get everyone so weary that they just tune out.
 

secretsqirrel

spiteful class warrior
I find it strange how, whilst I'm still scanning this thread (occasionally responding) it's no longer getting much of my attention as I've moved to the view that Trümp is a fool, pretty well everything he's done is foolish and chances are everything he will do in future will be foolish. I'm now at the point where he is such an idiot he no longer deserves much of my attention - spend time reading what he's done today and immediate conclusion has been and likely will be "foolish idiot".

I get that. I starting to feel bored by him in that he is replaying the same old antics over and over again.

Trouble is I also feel that its becoming normal, which if everybody feels the same is dangerous.

Goebbels drip, drip, drip
 
Top Bottom