Drought....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Who care's, Sue Me
We got rain now forecast for the next 10 days on and off…..dwr cymru not issued any further hosepipe bans in wales, other than in pembrokeshire and with them needing to give us 14 days notice of any service issues, then thats at least the 3rd week of September if it did ever happen.

Salty seadog

Do we not have a slow hand clap emoji?

We got rain now forecast for the next 10 days on and off…..dwr cymru not issued any further hosepipe bans in wales, other than in pembrokeshire and with them needing to give us 14 days notice of any service issues, then thats at least the 3rd week of September if it did ever happen.

It will take a lot more than a few days of sporadic rain to compensate for the extended period of dry weather your end of Wales has suffered.

I'm old enough to remember the 1976 drought. It ended on or around August Bank Holiday with a downpour of biblical proportions. Most of September was in the same vein. Just admitted to the 6th form I was thoroughly fed up with the jeans I was now allowed to wear at school being drenched and bleeding colour onto my legs.

It was only after the winter that the reservoirs in the nearby Washburn filled up....

jowwy

It will take a lot more than a few days of sporadic rain to compensate for the extended period of dry weather your end of Wales has suffered.

I'm old enough to remember the 1976 drought. It ended on or around August Bank Holiday with a downpour of biblical proportions. Most of September was in the same vein. Just admitted to the 6th form I was thoroughly fed up with the jeans I was now allowed to wear at school being drenched and bleeding colour onto my legs.

It was only after the winter that the reservoirs in the nearby Washburn filled up....

But it will delay any possibility of hosepipe bans that still havent been issued at my end of the country……..

classic33

The Drought Order already issued for South Wales, by Welsh Water, will say what can and can't be done. A Temporary Banning Order(also known as a hosepipe ban) is one action within the issued drought order.

Maybe Metro Rod don't know what they're talking about. Maybe Swansea is no longer in South Wales.
Screenshot_2022-08-30-18-28-06.png

presta

I was wandering along the Beeching Memorial Path a couple of days ago. The blackberries down there have dried up completely, they just crumble in your fingertips, like a piece of digestive biscuit.

jowwy

https://www.ofwat.gov.uk/households/conservingwater/
Because water is precious, it is everyone’s responsibility to use it wisely. You can help by following our water saving tips. Your water company can also offer you help saving water.

Ofwat are the water regulator for companies that control the supply of water, not the end user. They are there to ensure companies provide safe clean water to the end user and ensure leaks and complaints get sorted.
Nothing to do with public use….i also use my water in a way that Dwy Cymru allows me to, that means not breaking any bans, which we in south west wales havent suffered from as yet.

But lets not let facts get in the way of a good finger pointing exercise hey

Ian H

Guru
Ofwat are the water regulator for companies that control the supply of water, not the end user. They are there to ensure companies provide safe clean water to the end user and ensure leaks and complaints get sorted.
Nothing to do with public use….i also use my water in a way that Dwy Cymru allows me to, that means not breaking any bans, which we in south west wales havent suffered from as yet.

But lets not let facts get in the way of a good finger pointing exercise hey
I quoted their advice to the general public.

jowwy

The Drought Order already issued for South Wales, by Welsh Water, will say what can and can't be done. A Temporary Banning Order(also known as a hosepipe ban) is one action within the issued drought order.

Maybe Metro Rod don't know what they're talking about. Maybe Swansea is no longer in South Wales.
View attachment 2053

South east wales…….thats like saying yorkshire got a hosepipe ban, so devon cant use one either. Also that was issued on the 19th august and not the first week of september.

So yet again, no hosepipe ban in the place were i live, which you stated was coming in the first week of september, which is inaccurate.

Ian H

Guru
All you quoted was “ follow our water saving tips” but no tips were forth coming.
They have a dedicated link on their website titled Water saving tips, accessible directly from the page to which I linked.

jowwy

They have a dedicated link on their website titled Water saving tips, accessible directly from the page to which I linked.

Again, ofwat is the regualtor and doesnt control the end user. The end user is controlled by the supplier, in this case Dwr Cymru. They are yet, as i have stated on numerous occassions to put any bans in place for my area of the country. So again…..i will state the same as before.

Dwr Cymru have still Not issued a hosepipe ban for a live and if they did it will not come into effect for another 3wks, contrary to what a clown on this forum stated. Maybe that clown should stick to the issues of a hosepipe ban in his part of the country and stop thinking everyone is in the same boat.

Ian H

Guru
Again, ofwat is the regualtor and doesnt control the end user.
They aren't 'controlling' the end-user, but they are offering advice explicitly to the end-user. E.g., using a watering can instead of a hosepipe.

Top Bottom