Drought....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Who care's, Sue Me
They aren't 'controlling' the end-user, but they are offering advice explicitly to the end-user. E.g., using a watering can instead of a hosepipe.

Offering advice…..so not putting bans in place then and not controlling the end user. So what was the point in putting that info forward???

Ian H

Guru
Offering advice…..so not putting bans in place then and not controlling the end user. So what was the point in putting that info forward???
Because it's aimed at the public, including you, perhaps?

classic33

South east wales…….thats like saying yorkshire got a hosepipe ban, so devon cant use one either. Also that was issued on the 19th august and not the first week of september.

So yet again, no hosepipe ban in the place were i live, which you stated was coming in the first week of september, which is inaccurate.
So Southern Wales hasn't got a drought warning notice. Note the date on the piece posted earlier, then have a look at the area in Wales covered by that Drought Order.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-62675727

"A drought has been declared in south-east Wales and parts of mid Wales, meaning the status now covers most of the country."
and
"It means all of Wales' local authorities apart from six in the north are now covered by the drought status."

Then note the date of the piece above, and the date of the first piece posted. The first piece posted is dated one day after the piece above.

With regards folk in Devon not being able to use a hosepipe because of the ban in Yorkshire, it's not the same. Mainly because its two seperate water companies, operating in two very seperate areas of the country.

jowwy

So Southern Wales hasn't got a drought warning notice. Note the date on the piece posted earlier, then have a look at the area in Wales covered by that Drought Order.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-62675727

"A drought has been declared in south-east Wales and parts of mid Wales, meaning the status now covers most of the country."
and
"It means all of Wales' local authorities apart from six in the north are now covered by the drought status."

Then note the date of the piece above, and the date of the first piece posted. The first piece posted is dated one day after the piece above.

With regards folk in Devon not being able to use a hosepipe because of the ban in Yorkshire, it's not the same. Mainly because its two seperate water companies, operating in two very seperate areas of the country.

But yet again you fail to realise, that there is no hospipe ban in place in those areas…..the only hosepipe ban is in south west wales.

You stated there would be a hosepipe ban in my region in the first week of september and again you was wrong……so stop back tracking in what you said and admit you were wrong???

South wales is a huge area…just for clarification, the following areas in england and wales are subject to a hosepipe ban

8C4B0E21-1772-468C-BF32-CC674187838C.png

Last edited:

jowwy

Because it's aimed at the public, including you, perhaps?
Again, ofgem have no control on the end user, its advice only. Dwr Cymru control the end user and no hosepipe ban as been put in place other than in pembrokeshire and some parts of swansea.

South Wales is a huge area……

classic33

But yet again you fail to realise, that there is no hospipe ban in place in those areas…..the only hosepipe ban is in south west wales.

You stated there would be a hosepipe ban in my region in the first week of september and again you was wrong……so stop back tracking in what you said and admit you were wrong???

South wales is a huge area…just for clarification, the following areas in england and wales are subject to a hosepipe ban

View attachment 2054
You must be getting me mixed up with someone else. That or you're forgetting what you've already commented on.
Welsh Water have a hosepipe ban for the southern half of Wales due to take effect the first week of September. Due to, they say, people not paying heed to the drought warning issued earlier in the year. And they'll be using drones to enforce the orders.

Not that'll it'll bother you. However Welsh Water have set up a hotline for people to report their neighbours breaking the hosepipe ban. Your pictures are still available, despite what you think.

Anyone whose view you don't like, you descend into abuse against because you cannot make a reasoned argument. Its your get out style, here and elsewhere. We have crossed paths outside of cycleChat, and your attitude was much the same then, six years ago. You've already said that you have trouble remembering posts from two weeks ago, so I'm not expecting you to remember where our paths crossed.

Pig skin isn't much thicker than that on you. It's the fat layer below that that's thicker. And the hair on top.

I'll ask were you the one that was picked on, when on their own at school, but felt safer in a group or from further afield. Hurling abuse, safe in the knowledge that you were safe. Something you've carried across/through into how you treat others in adult life.

Check the release from the last week in August, not the earlier one you keep harping back to.
Check the area* covered by the Drought Order issued to Welsh Water, a month ago. Then check the restrictions they can impose due to that Drought Order. They are required to let you know two weeks in advance of the Drought Order, not restrictions imposed by the order.

*Covered in the BBC link given earlier.

Its impossible to backtrack on events that have yet to happen. Unless I have prior knowledge of it.

icowden

Legendary Member
Dwr Cymru have still Not issued a hosepipe ban for a live and if they did it will not come into effect for another 3wks, contrary to what a clown on this forum stated. Maybe that clown should stick to the issues of a hosepipe ban in his part of the country and stop thinking everyone is in the same boat.
About that...
dwr.png

jowwy

thats like saying we put a ban in scotland. so wales cant use their hosepipe.........its the total oppsite side of the country to were i live and a lot closer to sea level , than th welsh valleys that have hige resovoirs and plenty of water storage. so much Thames water want to steal it from us

Stick to your own countries guys and stp worrying about the peole of Wales's water

winjim

Welcome yourself into the new modern crisis
Looking at some of the other subjects on the forum, one thing I will say for this absolute bin fire of a thread is that it provides evidence against the introduction of advisory motorway speed limits, and more generally against the use of guidance from government agencies without accompanying legislation.

Top Bottom