Eric Zemmour - French Presidential Candidate

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

purpan

Zemmour is as vile as it gets.

Rusty Nails

Country Member
It didn't even make me spit out my full cream cafe-au-lait. Just your everyday racist, jingoist, populist exceptionalism that I have always believed is not the preserve of the British.

Such people will always find supporters, and likers, amongst the similarly afflicted, but hopefully not too many.

The election in France will show how many, but it has clearly got Macron a bit rattled as he has ramped up his anti UK flag-waving rhetoric to show his "patriotic" credentials.

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.
It didn't even make me spit out my full cream cafe-au-lait. Just your everyday racist, jingoist, populist exceptionalism that I have always believed is not the preserve of the British.

Such people will always find supporters, and likers, amongst the similarly afflicted, but hopefully not too many.

The election in France will show how many, but it has clearly got Macron a bit rattled as he has ramped up his anti UK flag-waving rhetoric to show his "patriotic" credentials.

He (Macron) is a Politician, he is up for re-election, he wants to win. What do you expect?

purpan

In fact, one of Zemmour’s things is telling people they shouldn’t have « non-French » first names.

Rusty Nails

Country Member
He (Macron) is a Politician, he is up for re-election, he wants to win. What do you expect?
What I expect is not important.
I expect a lot more out of politicians but am used to the disappointment.
That does not make Macron any more right than Johnson when he resorts to jingoistic populism.

Meanwhile Zemmour is openly using racism as a tool in his campaign, what do you think of that since you liked @Lilliburlero's post, or is it all just a laugh?

glasgowcyclist

Über Member
Sounds like another who sees glory in the colonial history of his country, where it was okay for his kind to impose his language and culture on others, refuse “to assimilate” or respect local norms and customs, suppressing them instead.

Now he’s crying into his croissants because he thinks there are too many foreigners, many from countries exploited by his. I wonder if he ever considers the hypocrisy of his position.
(Actually, I don’t.)

BoldonLad

What I expect is not important.
I expect a lot more out of politicians but am used to the disappointment.
That does not make Macron any more right than Johnson when he resorts to jingoistic populism.

Meanwhile Zemmour is openly using racism as a tool in his campaign, what do you think of that since you liked @Lilliburlero's post, or is it all just a laugh?

Oh dear, I liked a post! I must have miss-understood. I thought @Pale Rider had been admonished for observing likes, and, told they not necessarily mean the “liker” actually liked/agreed with the post?

Rusty Nails

Country Member
Oh dear, I liked a post! I must have miss-understood. I thought @Pale Rider had been admonished for observing likes, and, told they not necessarily mean the “liker” actually liked/agreed with the post?
Not admonished, just interested in what prompted a laugh/like to a clearly trolling post about a racist politician.

There is so much that is dangerous about politicians with views like Zemmour's that I could not understand your reasoning for the humour.

BoldonLad

Not admonished, just interested in what prompted a laugh/like to a clearly trolling post about a racist politician.

There is so much that is dangerous about politicians with views like Zemmour's that I could not understand your reasoning for the humour.

Perhaps, I perceived different motives to the OP. But, if likes etc have no significance, as has been previously argued, what does it matter?

qigong chimp

Settler of gobby hash.
Those French should take back control like we have. Frexit it is.
I looked up 'lilliburlero'. Perhaps I was alone in needing to and you all knew?

I forgot to mention, he looks like one of the runtier orcs.

1638627409081.png

Last edited:

Rusty Nails

Country Member
Perhaps, I perceived different motives to the OP. But, if likes etc have no significance, as has been previously argued, what does it matter?
I do not know what motives to the OP that you saw, but I saw a deliberate attempt to get reactions rather than to make a particular point about the rights/wrongs of Zemmour's campaign speech.

I have never argued that likes have no significance, in fact likes clearly have a significance, no matter how petty or unimportant, to those who give them out, or they wouldn't make the effort to do so.

Well aware of Lilliburlero as the one time theme tune of the BBC World Service.

It also has connections with 'King Billy' and is likely to feature in Orangemen's marches.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Lilliburlero

Lilliburlero

I forgot to mention, he looks like one of the runtier orcs.

I find it a little strange that you have to look me up. Sad and infantile, but this is what we get from you and nothing more. Not sure that I look like an Orc either but who knows eh. Pic taken on a 200 km ride in March 2019 btw. Have you done anything of note regarding cycling or do you just pop around on a bso to Uni and back, when you’re not hanging out the back of your bf obviously.

Top Bottom