Gamekeepers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Poacher

Poacher

Regular
A red kite was shot at about 11:15 on Monday on the Lochindorb Estate in Grantown-on-Spey.

Community police inspector Craig Johnstone said: "The red kite is a protected species and under the Wildlife and Countryside Act 1981 it is illegal to kill them.

"I am asking anyone in the local community who may be able to help with our inquiries to come forward. If you were walking in the area on Monday then please let us know if you saw anything.

"In particular, if you saw quad bikes in the area or off-road vehicles, then get in touch as even the smallest bit of information could assist with our investigation."

Of course, the Lochindorb estate is a driven grouse shooting business. This is from 2014, when it last changed hands, AFAIK.
"
Lochindorb Estate - a fantastic and very productive grouse moor, near Grantown- on- Spey. Extending to just over 9,000 acres, Lochindorb has produced consistently good bags, with a five year average of 916 brace, and around 1200 brace shot this season, with 165 brace on the best day. The estate includes a traditional nine bedroom lodge in a magical, lochside setting, three cottages, a number of trout lochs, together with some enjoyable rough shooting."

Ignorant f*cking gamekeepers seem totally unaware that Red Kites are almost exclusively carrion eaters and have never been known to kill Red Grouse, but since it has a hooked beak they consider it needs shooting on sight, unless they get a chance to poison or trap it. Will there be enough evidence to convict someone of this crime? What do you think?

Update: a 56 year old man has been arrested in connection with this offence.
https://www.inverness-courier.co.uk/news/arrest-after-red-kite-shot-in-highlands-309020/
Wonder what his occupation is?

D

Deleted member 28

I have to bite my tongue if I come across them whilst a-wandering the heather..

Why?

multitool

Shaman
FsIkexOWwAE33Hi.jpeg.jpg

multitool

Shaman
You can't seriously think I give a f*ck what some sad, socially inept abuse victim has to say do you?

No, I don't think you do. Just wanted to see if you take what you dish out.

You can't.

Singularly humourless :laugh:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 28

No, I don't think you do. Just wanted to see if you take take what you dish out.

You can't.

Singularly humourless :laugh:

Take take?

Is that what you're used to doing or have you got a stutter?

You sound like fookin Jive Bunny.

AndyRM

Elder Goth
Oh well, looks like another potentially interesting thread is heading for vitriolic tediousness.

mudsticks

Squire
'Shep asked' 🙄

Shep has rarely been interested in any answer that anyone's given to his questions.

Particularly not mine, so why would I bother answering??
He's only here to 'take the piss' right?

Anyway, I'd have thought this thread would make it pretty obvious why I wouldn't speak my mind in the presence of gamekeepers, or the owners of shooting estates.

Top Bottom